HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Sep 27, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #211 of 4,478
@Hifiearspeakers sorry no info for american release or price.
But you could order from germany and save tax.

Cheers

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #213 of 4,478
Sep 29, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #214 of 4,478
For what it's worth, looking up more information on the tech, I found that traditionally AMT drivers have been limited to 70Hz and above (also only if they've been tuned to go that low). Probably why AMT headphones use the AMT driver as a tweeter, since it shines when reproducing highs. I'm excited to hear what this world's first full-range AMT can do. I got the ESS 422h a while back and really loving the tech.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #215 of 4,478
When I finally get my HEDDphone One it will be like my birthday, Christmas and New Years' combined!!! By that time I will also have a master-class amp to pair it with. I've been working with respected tube amp builder known on Head-Fi as @2359glenn to build a custom Glenn amp around its' 38ohm impedance and giving it some serious juice; a transformer coupled amp using 2-4x EL34 / KT66 / EL39 etc. tubes and nice fine tuning options. I named the amp El Darwin. Being that the HEDDphone One was supreme enough to make every other headphone I've tried in-comparable aside from perhaps the Orpheus II (either of which may be more preferable depending on tastes) and that Glenn's amps are renowned by all who have tried worldwide them as punching far above their pricepoint, I'm predicting world-class performance and I will just have to upgrade the rest of my chain around the amp+Heddphone.

Meahwhile their marketing approach has me wondering if perhaps it is a genius strategy after all - shrouded in mystery and surprise appearances akin to the way way Aphix Twin unleashes his vault of surprises on the world.

And even if the loaner program fails to launch, I think we can all take a breath of fresh air knowing that it's soon to hit the streets so we can start reading more experiences with it and maybe to have the privilege of hearing it somewhere. But for me, I've heard it and I'm sold, regardless. :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #216 of 4,478
@DecentLevi congratulations. i think your headphone is final release, right? about weight and confort? thank you

Sep 30, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #217 of 4,478
The HEDDphone is not even for sale until around November yet. I've only gotten a custom amp worked out at this point. I should receive it around Christmas and it can do many headphones well in balanced mode and even drive speakers. Weight and comfort seemed no issues for my several brief listens, but that was way back in summer at SoCal CanJam and the HEDD team are said to still be fine tuning it yet, so others can better comment on that.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #218 of 4,478
The HEDDphone is not even for sale until around November yet. I've only gotten a custom amp worked out at this point. I should receive it around Christmas and it can do many headphones well including balanced mode and efficient speakers via RCA as well. Weight and comfort seemed no issues for my several brief listens, but that was way back in summer at SoCal CanJam and the HEDD team are said to still be fine tuning it yet, so others can better comment on that.
sorry my mistake. wait for december:ksc75smile:

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #220 of 4,478
After being spoiled by the 007s for years following the HE6 and D8000, my ears were getting increasingly tough to please. Over the last 2 years only 2 headphones truly wow'ed me. The Abyss and RAAL SR1a. But after paying a visit to HEDD booth at AES today I'm happy to add one to that number.

The HEDDphone I heard was a prototype. Lots of 3D printed parts and discolored grill, but the sound was nothing like the build. Very impressive bass and non-fatiguing treble. I was caught off guard by how detailed the treble is without sounding harsh. It's almost like listening to a super LCD2.2 with an even darker tonality. How they manage to squeeze that much detail out of such subdued treble I have no idea.

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #221 of 4,478
After being spoiled by the 007s for years following the HE6 and D8000, my ears were getting increasingly tough to please. Over the last 2 years only 2 headphones truly wow'ed me. The Abyss and RAAL SR1a. But after paying a visit to HEDD booth at AES today I'm happy to add one to that number.

The HEDDphone I heard was a prototype. Lots of 3D printed parts and discolored grill, but the sound was nothing like the build. Very impressive bass and non-fatiguing treble. I was caught off guard by how detailed the treble is without sounding harsh. It's almost like listening to a super LCD2.2 with an even darker tonality. How they manage to squeeze that much detail out of such subdued treble I have no idea.
Really hope that the final production model is not somehow darker than the LCD2, last thing we need is more shadow realm stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back