HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #706 of 4,480
He has his opinion. You have yours.

718 grams makes me queasy but if it's a 'balanced' 718gm, might not be too uncomfortable.

I agree Beagle, but basing a purchasing decision on aesthetics in a world where sound is of utmost importance and where said Heddphone is not going to be an object to look at (I could understand if it were speakers) is baffling, your concerns about weight on the other hand are completely logical, let´s see what the first buyers have to say.

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #707 of 4,480
I tested the Heddphone a few days ago in a loud environment. Therefore, I cannot judge their sound in a meaningful way. But I had no issues with the weight at all. What bothered me more was the heat! The Heddphone felt like a pair of ear-warmers to me. I was sweaty after 20 minutes. Also the sheer bulkiness/mass is something to get used to...
From what I can hear not to far off my LCD-4z. But I have to repeat the exercise another day...

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #708 of 4,480
Did the HEDDphones actually generate heat or was it due to the leather pads? Velour pads have always been more comfortable to me.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #712 of 4,480
Got my update about the first batch shipment. It left Germany today and is supposed to arrive at headphones.com on Friday. So it won’t be long now before a lot more reviews begin to come in.

Just wanted to clarify, it's coming in on Thursday and should be in your hands on Friday. Just in case the e-mail we sent out wasn't clear!

Excited to see what you think!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 14, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #714 of 4,480
@PeteSTRADAMUS
You're holding off with making any purchases 'til hearing a few headphones at CanJam, right?
Yes, that’s correct. I currently have the d8000 pro and lcd4 and the tt2 at the house.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #715 of 4,480
I agree Beagle, but basing a purchasing decision on aesthetics in a world where sound is of utmost importance and where said Heddphone is not going to be an object to look at (I could understand if it were speakers) is baffling, your concerns about weight on the other hand are completely logical, let´s see what the first buyers have to say.
The weight notwithstanding, I think it looks as cool as Martin Logan loudspeakers. It looks serious, not a knock-off of some existing product.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #716 of 4,480
When I listen to music at home I sit on my couch and can lean my head back against the back of the couch. This relieves my neck and the weight of headphones no longer plays a decisive role. These transducers use Neodymium Magnets. If they reduce the magnets to save weight, the sound would change.
The housing of the ear cups is not so elaborately sculptured compared to the Meze Empyrean but this saves production costs and makes the HEDDphone cheaper for customers. When I criticize I try to justify my criticism because part of the solution could lie in the reasoning. The shape of the transducers determines the shape of the ear cups. In this case it is impossible to round the ear cups which maybe some would prefer.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #717 of 4,480
Yes, that’s correct. I currently have the d8000 pro and lcd4 and the tt2 at the house.
This ?
20200113_183526.jpg

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #719 of 4,480
The weight notwithstanding, I think it looks as cool as Martin Logan loudspeakers. It looks serious, not a knock-off of some existing product.

And if it turns out to sound as transparent, or even more transparent than my ML electrostat speakers,
I'm very interested to audition the HEDD and possibly buy provided it doesn't fall off my head when leaning back against a pillow in my recliner chair or lying down on my sofa, my two most common positions when listening to music via headphones.
My taller than me ML speakers sometimes invites me to stand up and conduct along to my favourite music.
A bigger listening experience than any headphone can deliver.
Cheers CC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back