1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. Narayan23
    I agree Beagle, but basing a purchasing decision on aesthetics in a world where sound is of utmost importance and where said Heddphone is not going to be an object to look at (I could understand if it were speakers) is baffling, your concerns about weight on the other hand are completely logical, let´s see what the first buyers have to say.

Cat Music and kid vic like this.
  2. masteretch
    I tested the Heddphone a few days ago in a loud environment. Therefore, I cannot judge their sound in a meaningful way. But I had no issues with the weight at all. What bothered me more was the heat! The Heddphone felt like a pair of ear-warmers to me. I was sweaty after 20 minutes. Also the sheer bulkiness/mass is something to get used to...
    From what I can hear not to far off my LCD-4z. But I have to repeat the exercise another day...

Rayzilla, elira, Cat Music and 2 others like this.
  3. exdmd
    Did the HEDDphones actually generate heat or was it due to the leather pads? Velour pads have always been more comfortable to me.

4. PeteSTRADAMUS
    For me and my diesel neck I’m fine with the weight. I have the lcd4 at the house and they don’t effect me one bit.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  5. Hifiearspeakers
    Got my update about the first batch shipment. It left Germany today and is supposed to arrive at headphones.com on Friday. So it won’t be long now before a lot more reviews begin to come in.

6. joseph69
    @PeteSTRADAMUS
    You're holding off with making any purchases 'til hearing a few headphones at CanJam, right?

PeteSTRADAMUS likes this.
  7. TaronL
    Just wanted to clarify, it's coming in on Thursday and should be in your hands on Friday. Just in case the e-mail we sent out wasn't clear!

Excited to see what you think!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
    Hifiearspeakers and joseph69 like this.
  8. Hifiearspeakers
    I just reread the email. I stand corrected!

TaronL likes this.
  9. PeteSTRADAMUS
    Yes, that’s correct. I currently have the d8000 pro and lcd4 and the tt2 at the house.

joseph69 likes this.
  10. Beagle
    The weight notwithstanding, I think it looks as cool as Martin Logan loudspeakers. It looks serious, not a knock-off of some existing product.

Narayan23, Rayzilla, ESL-1 and 3 others like this.
  11. 518141
    When I listen to music at home I sit on my couch and can lean my head back against the back of the couch. This relieves my neck and the weight of headphones no longer plays a decisive role. These transducers use Neodymium Magnets. If they reduce the magnets to save weight, the sound would change.
    The housing of the ear cups is not so elaborately sculptured compared to the Meze Empyrean but this saves production costs and makes the HEDDphone cheaper for customers. When I criticize I try to justify my criticism because part of the solution could lie in the reasoning. The shape of the transducers determines the shape of the ear cups. In this case it is impossible to round the ear cups which maybe some would prefer.

12. jmills8
    This ?
    20200113_183526.jpg

13. PeteSTRADAMUS
    Those ones and the black ones.

jmills8 likes this.
  14. Christer
    And if it turns out to sound as transparent, or even more transparent than my ML electrostat speakers,
    I'm very interested to audition the HEDD and possibly buy provided it doesn't fall off my head when leaning back against a pillow in my recliner chair or lying down on my sofa, my two most common positions when listening to music via headphones.
    My taller than me ML speakers sometimes invites me to stand up and conduct along to my favourite music.
    A bigger listening experience than any headphone can deliver.
    Cheers CC

15. Tekunda
    PeteSTRADAMUS, would you recommend the D8000 pro for Electronic Dance music like Dubstep etc. and have you ever had a chance to compare the D8000 pro with the Focal Clear?

First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last