HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 12, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #691 of 4,472
I meant the bha-1 gain and if the Heddphone needs it.
I personally used high gain but I know a couple of people who tried my setup didn’t need it. I listen fairly loud so that’s expected.

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #693 of 4,472
Anyone know if the Hugo TT2 is capable of powering this headphone? Or has anyone heard this pairing and liked it or not liked it?

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #694 of 4,472
Is this driver closer to a planar or dynamic? I realize it's neither but since it's a folded diaphragm I would guess it to be more similar to a planar driver.
Design wise it’s very different from any other driver type. It moves in a bellow-like squeezing motion instead of a piston motion like other driver types.
Sonically, I would compare it to an extremely fast dynamic driver. Think Utopia or faster. It definitely has a very dynamic-esque slam to it.

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #695 of 4,472
Anyone know if the Hugo TT2 is capable of powering this headphone? Or has anyone heard this pairing and liked it or not liked it?
Don’t know about pairing but there is more than enough power :ksc75smile:
TT2 has 1.5 watts into 300 ohm.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #698 of 4,472
So at 12:01 AM on my birthday this weekend, my wife surprised me with my gift. She got me a Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire watch. I feel bad because it turns out that it is a great gift. I'm only starting to learn how to use it and I have a ways to go still. Then shortly after we went to bed and in the meanwhile, I was thinking if I would be pushing it if I asked her later that day if I could have 'something' added to my gift. We were in a happy mood and so I thought, what the heck... Go for it! And I did so now I just need to wait it out for the shipments to start going out.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #699 of 4,472
Yeah, please tell your wife I will marry her too! :ksc75smile:

So at 12:01 AM on my birthday this weekend, my wife surprised me with my gift. She got me a Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire watch. I feel bad because it turns out that it is a great gift. I'm only starting to learn how to use it and I have a ways to go still. Then shortly after we went to bed and in the meanwhile, I was thinking if I would be pushing it if I asked her later that day if I could have 'something' added to my gift. We were in a happy mood and so I thought, what the heck... Go for it! And I did so now I just need to wait it out for the shipments to start going out.

Jan 14, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #702 of 4,472
Every time I try to push the "buy" button, I just can't bring myself to get past the HEDD ugliness. Sigh... I will wait for Gen 2, which hopefully will be designed better. :floatsmile:

I find the HEDD to be good looking, as for a better design, In your case I´d wait until Generation 4 or 5 to be completely sure all the kinks that trouble you are ironed out or maybe just give the guys at Hedd a call and show em´ how it´s done? Hell, you could do the unthinkable and look elsewhere, but I doubt judging books by their cover will take you far in Headphoneland.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #703 of 4,472
Screenshot_20200114_200454_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #704 of 4,472
Personally, I actually think it looks very nice and comfy too. Weight has never been an issue with any headphone that I have owned or tried. I think a lot depends on how you wear it on your head and how well your posture is.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #705 of 4,472
I find the HEDD to be good looking, as for a better design, In your case I´d wait until Generation 4 or 5 to be completely sure all the kinks that trouble you are ironed out or maybe just give the guys at Hedd a call and show em´ how it´s done? Hell, you could do the unthinkable and look elsewhere, but I doubt judging books by their cover will take you far in Headphoneland.
He has his opinion. You have yours.

718 grams makes me queasy but if it's a 'balanced' 718gm, might not be too uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back