HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Sep 14, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #3,587 of 4,489
Some where in this thread, someone suggested an attachment for the heddphone strap to relieve the sense of weight on the head. Cannot seem to locate the posts.

Sep 14, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #3,588 of 4,489
Sep 15, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #3,590 of 4,489
I got my HEDDphone back from Germany .. They made a lot of changes in the Headband and they changed the ear pads too though I didn't have any issue with them (they are new and much more tight than before)
I couldn't test my Heddphone right now, but they made a perfect job in a short time. I've sent my Heddphone by UPS in a 6 days guarantee, they send me back with a 48h Guarantee.. that's nice too.
I like German services .. Though with Sennheiser it took more than one month and a half to change a IE900 under guaranty which had a serious driver failure.

Good Job HEDD

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #3,591 of 4,489
I got my HEDDphone back from Germany .. They made a lot of changes in the Headband and they changed the ear pads too though I didn't have any issue with them (they are new and much more tight than before)
I couldn't test my Heddphone right now, but they made a perfect job in a short time. I've sent my Heddphone by UPS in a 6 days guarantee, they send me back with a 48h Guarantee.. that's nice too.
I like German services .. Though with Sennheiser it took more than one month and a half to change a IE900 under guaranty which had a serious driver failure.

Good Job HEDD
What changes has been made, mind to share some pictures? Thanks!

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #3,592 of 4,489
What changes has been made, mind to share some pictures? Thanks!
I will make some photos as soon as possible..
The returned HEDDphone looks as if new, though I can see some parts are used by me and have some known marks (like the extension parts of the drivers which moves inside the headband)
Changes are :
1) Probably the whole headband (I imagine the broken plastic parts inside the band in the left side would have need at least to unstick the leather, which is maybe impossible).
2) the two plastic parts at the end of the headband with HEDD written on them are new and they told me the type of plastic was different (I had to put some glue on the right one because the two little screws didn't work anymore and was open in 2)
3) both ear pads .. are totally new and tighter .. I won't try, but it seems to be much more difficult to take the pads off the drivers. I didn't ask for the change, but it's true, that it sometimes happened the pads got away without wanting it (but it was easy to put them again on the drivers)

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,593 of 4,489
Some pictures ..

NW20210915_122257.jpg

and while I looked in Photoshop I noticed the driver cups was cut and opened so it seems some changes from my original picture ( I did before sending to HEDD)
I will have clear look tonight and ask HEDD for what they did need to open or change this..

NW20210915_122506.jpg

We can see the extension which has 1 year ans a half now.. and also much more tight now..

Attachments

• NW20210915_122441.jpg
    NW20210915_122441.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • NW20210915_122548.jpg
    NW20210915_122548.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #3,594 of 4,489
Some pictures ..

NW20210915_122257.jpg

and while I looked in Photoshop I noticed the driver cups was cut and opened so it seems some changes from my original picture ( I did before sending to HEDD)
I will have clear look tonight and ask HEDD for what they did need to open or change this..

NW20210915_122506.jpg

We can see the extension which has 1 year ans a half now.. and also much more tight now..
Did the new pads change the performance in any way?

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #3,595 of 4,489
I am not at home these last days, so I can't say.. This weekend I will have time to enjoy.
I just could notice the clamping and the pads is much harder around the ears, like a totally new headphone.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #3,596 of 4,489
Ich bin die letzten Tage nicht zu Hause, daher kann ich es nicht sagen.. This Wochenende werde ich Zeit zum Genießen Haben.
Ich konnte nur die Klemmung merken und sterben Pads are viel härter um die Ohren, wie bei einem völlig neuen Kopfhörer.

Ich bin die letzten Tage nicht zu Hause, daher kann ich es nicht sagen.. Dieses Wochenende werde ich Zeit zum Genießen haben.
Ich konnte nur die Klemmung bemerken und die Pads sind viel härter um die Ohren, wie bei einem völlig neuen Kopfhörer.
Aight, interesting. I remember the pads of the hedd's prototype that haven't been that deep and tighter and to be honest I liked them better. In terms of comfort the new ones rule but the earlier ones were playing more direct and accurate.

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #3,597 of 4,489
I will see ... my HEDDphone is not issued from the first batch of production, but from the second batch with longer extensions, so I am not sure, I had the same type of pads as the prototypes.
But, I enjoyed so much for one year and a half that this headphone, even with such "cheap" build quality, made of fragile plastics "not really a "Deutsche Qualität" as we usually imagine, that I really want to keep them, though I am not sure the new parts will solve those issues for a long time.
At least I appreciate the "German Services" of HEDD..

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #3,598 of 4,489
I will see ... my HEDDphone is not issued from the first batch of production, but from the second batch with longer extensions, so I am not sure, I had the same type of pads as the prototypes.
But, I enjoyed so much for one year and a half that this headphone, even with such "cheap" build quality, made of fragile plastics "not really a "Deutsche Qualität" as we usually imagine, that I really want to keep them, though I am not sure the new parts will solve those issues for a long time.
At least I appreciate the "German Services" of HEDD..

We're kind of "beta testing" this product for HEDD Audio, let's be honest. It's the burden of being an early adopter. I think most people expect the HEDDPhone-TWO to be much better refined in build quality and comfort.

But I mean hey, they certainly got the sound portion of it right.

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #3,599 of 4,489
It's only a pair of hours I am listening the repaired HEDDphone, and I am not able to find any significant SQ difference before and after HEDD services... I imagine some users would find some changes, but I can't... may a bit over 60, I am now a bit too old too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I would say, it's still a huge pleasure as soon as I start listening any types of HIRES recent music recordings/remastered. In those two/three hours I passed with great success through Manu Katché, Hiromi, Max Richter, Marilyn Manson, McCartney, Tom Morello & Knife Party, many Steven Wilson remastering KC/GG/Yes, Beth Hart, Ministry, Wax Tailor, Tool ... the only issue left is that is far too noisy for people staying in the same room as me.. definitely too open drivers (never mind :ksc75smile:, it's their problem)

Next step for me ... decide if I go on the way to replace these next months my Ultrasone ED15 veritas + HEDDphone with a more versatile DCA Stealth usable with less powerful amps.. Will I get same pleasure level ?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #3,600 of 4,489
Well, this is wonderful.

20210919_114450.jpg

Perhaps 2h on these things.

Gorilla Glue doesn't work, Gorilla Tape doesn't work. You'd figure for the price, this part would be aluminum.

I've emailed the retailer and HEDD themselves, hopefully they can just send me the stupid clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back