HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 27, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #2,702 of 4,480
Am thinking about picking up the Sophia Electric Music Baby tube integrated to try with the HEDDphone: 10 WPC, Class A, push-pull. Looks [and reads] like it might be a worthy companion for the HEDDs.

The Qinpu A-1.0X has been sold. Long story short, I discovered the sonic pleasures of the Qinpu/HEDD match-up just when someone decided to buy the amp from me. Had been up on the FS ads for a good while, too, just before that.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #2,703 of 4,480
Here goes . . .
Should be in sometime next week, Deo volente:

Sophia Baby_1.jpgSophia Baby_2.jpgSophia Baby_3.jpg

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #2,704 of 4,480
Aug 27, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #2,706 of 4,480
Hey, quick question.
I know that you got a silver cable from ted Allen if I’m not mistaken?
If yes, I was wondering...
Basically, I have the HEDDphone too. Now the one issue that I have with it is that string instruments (violin, chelo, etc.) sound a bit recessed to me, as If there’s some veil to them so to speak. Which makes them sound, I guess, not so real? Idk exactly but not good, in short.
Truth is, in general it sounds a bit recessed but especially by string instruments.
So what I wanna know is if the silver cable removes that veil and makes the strings sound more real and present?
Does it bring out the natural timbre of the strings? Or does it still sound a bit “fake” EVAN with the silver cable?
By me, natural timbre is really important!!!! If it doesn’t sound real, I just can’t enjoy it.

Btw I’m running it balanced off a topping d70 and thx aaa 789, enough power in short. So I don’t think the issue is my source. (Although it would obviously sound better with better amps)

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #2,707 of 4,480
Hey, quick question.
I know that you got a silver cable from ted Allen if I’m not mistaken?
If yes, I was wondering...
Basically, I have the HEDDphone too. Now the one issue that I have with it is that string instruments (violin, chelo, etc.) sound a bit recessed to me, as If there’s some veil to them so to speak. Which makes them sound, I guess, not so real? Idk exactly but not good, in short.
Truth is, in general it sounds a bit recessed but especially by string instruments.
So what I wanna know is if the silver cable removes that veil and makes the strings sound more real and present?
Does it bring out the natural timbre of the strings? Or does it still sound a bit “fake” EVAN with the silver cable?
By me, natural timbre is really important!!!! If it doesn’t sound real, I just can’t enjoy it.

Btw I’m running it balanced off a topping d70 and thx aaa 789, enough power in short. So I don’t think the issue is my source. (Although it would obviously sound better with better amps)

You’ll be overjoyed with a silver cable.
Ted’s prices and quality are top notch.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #2,708 of 4,480
You’ll be overjoyed with a silver cable.
Ted’s prices and quality are top notch.
U know from personal experience?
If yes, did u see a change in timbre and tonality?

Btw I had a talk with him earlier this afternoon.
What a great guy!!
If only the world had more like him...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #2,709 of 4,480
U know from personal experience?
Yes. I have a silver 22ga balanced cable on mine.
This one Is not Ted’s but...I know Ted’s quality and work...he uses HQ silver...and I’m working with him for a cable for my other phones.

The silver opened up them in ways I can’t explain with words...then when I got my RME ADIPRO...nirvana

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #2,710 of 4,480
This one Is not Ted’s but...I know Ted’s quality and work...he uses HQ silver...and I’m working with him for a cable for my other phones.
And how’s the difference from before and after?
Did u see a change in timbre?
Do string instruments sound more revealing/clear/realistic??

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #2,713 of 4,480

The silver opened up them in ways I can’t explain with words...then when I got my RME ADIPRO...nirvana
Btw what’s RME ADIPRO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back