HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #2,657 of 4,480
Interesting....I listen to a fair amount of female voice and also horns that at high volumes can lean towards sibilance...wondering what songs, artists, recordings you notice this on??

Thanks
Alex

No of course not :o2smile::o2smile: .. but, I measured with minidsp ears and I saw some other PEQ corrections on the web which all had a hole at 6Kz with Heddphones. So this range of frequencies concerns more or less female voices sibilance ..
Maybe some can find other headphones a bit better for female voices.. so such correction can make differences insignificant.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #2,658 of 4,480
Anyone want/need a better than stock
Hart Cable balanced cable

Proprietary OFC

I bought a silver cable and no longer need this...it’s better than stock by about 20/25 percent IMO

PM me
An
Offer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 12, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #2,659 of 4,480
Interesting to see the 3F will drive the HEDDs. I had a T4 here in Jan, before the HEDD purchase and was wondering about the 3F....
Alex

Have the ecp DSHA-3F and the Beezar T4 on hand, but have been pleasantly surprised of late with a [1W] Fitz-modded/-upgraded Bada PH-12 [3x 6SN7] hybrid that I have had for years. I sank over $1500 into that amp. [It started with VenHaus premium caps, and kept going off the rails from there.]
Am running this amp with "lean" tubes: 1x Hytron 6SN7 driver and 2x Sylvania 6SN7GTB power [crossfeed off] from an EVS-modded Sony BDP-S780 and the HEDDphone sound quite large, detailed and robust.
Will hook up the DSHA-3F tomorrow, Deo volente, and report back. Formerly, I have had good results with the DSHA-3F/HEDDphone pairing, as well as with the Lehmann BCL. I might break open the T4, but it has been painstakingly packed back in its box for weeks. Might unpack the KMF Audio amp as well.

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #2,660 of 4,480
Interesting to see the 3F will drive the HEDDs. I had a T4 here in Jan, before the HEDD purchase and was wondering about the 3F....
Alex
I sold my HEDD a bit before picking up the T4 and then 3F.
I said the same thing to pataburd. I am still somehow skeptical as well. :sweat_smile:

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #2,661 of 4,480
The DSHA-3F was optimized for the Utopia [and does a grand job at driving the Focal]. Even better with the ADX5000, I think.
Very good, but not quite to the threshold level of "authoritative", as needed with the HEDDphone.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2,663 of 4,480
No of course not :o2smile::o2smile: .. but, I measured with minidsp ears and I saw some other PEQ corrections on the web which all had a hole at 6Kz with Heddphones. So this range of frequencies concerns more or less female voices sibilance ..
Maybe some can find other headphones a bit better for female voices.. so such correction can make differences insignificant.
Try Cowboy Junkies’ Sweet Jane from Trinity Sessions. Normally her voice on “SWeet” can be sibilant. The HEDDs made this quite listenable. But I was hearing a bit of congestion on many tracks, like the singers had a slight cold. I just received a Lavricables silver cable and the congestion is gone, but still no sibilants - the best of both worlds!

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2,664 of 4,480
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #2,665 of 4,480
Aug 14, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #2,666 of 4,480
I'm assuming the Zoom meeting number will be forth coming. I'm looking forward to this. 2-4 Pacific time?

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #2,668 of 4,480
All this talk about the weight of Hedd amuses me. I've been doing intense workouts with Blackwood Auteur for 2 years and RAD-0 for almost a year -- so moving up to Hedd was easy :)

Me: *laughs in Audeze old headband*

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,669 of 4,480
I sold my HEDD a bit before picking up the T4 and then 3F.
I said the same thing to pataburd. I am still somehow skeptical as well. :sweat_smile:

The ecp DSHA-3F* does not, IMHO, have enough grunt power to develop the bass capability of the HEDDphone.
Just ordered the SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 amp for reserve power and to further test "the hypothesis".

[*NOTE: Am currently driving the ATH-ADX5000 (to perfection) with the DSHA-3F.]

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #2,670 of 4,480
HEDD did it again...put me into a Jazz TimeWarp

So good. So intimate but huge at the same time...how is that...I had an inkling they weren’t as good as they are. Took a break for a few days and then...wow...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back