HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
May 2, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #1,996 of 4,473
Re: 'With an economy'.

What is the economy? The HEKSE is over double the price. Or am i misunderstanding something?
"Economy" refers to the sonic presentation, the careful measure of detail, tone, dynamics, etc. In some ways, the HEKSE come off as rather spartan, sonically, compared to the Hedd; but this allows the listener to perceive their [the HEKSE's] added measure of stark--unadorned, if you will--detail.

While the Heddphone concede to the HEKSE in terms of absolute detail retrieval and transparency, the Hedd exceed the HifiMAN in terms of sheer techno-musical Gestalt. The audio whole is equal to the sum of its parts for the HfM; greater than the sum of its parts for the Hedd.

Price-wise, the Hedd are certainly the "better bang"--and the more welcome acoustic innovation--"for the buck".

I agree with Resolve that the Hedd are a "game-changer", an overdue, welcome and vibrant re-start from an industry that tends to take exponentially from our purses while at the same time giving only logarithmically to our ears.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #1,997 of 4,473
is this an upgrade over Arya?

May 2, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #1,999 of 4,473
Cannot say, since I do not and have not owned the Arya.

What I can say about these HEDDphones is that the tonality with the trumpet is purely amazing! I've played this instruments for over 40+ years and I'm listening to Chris Botti's "Italia" with them right not straight out of my Chord DAVE and wow! I am there in the concert hall...the smallest details and nuances are all right there in front of me. The sound staging is equally impressive! The AMT drivers can certainly move a lot of air, but still maintain a lot of control, detail and texture.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #2,000 of 4,473
What I can say is that the tonality with the trumpet is purely amazing! I've played this instruments for over 40+ years and I'm listening to Chris Botti's "Italia" with them right not straight out of my Chord DAVE and wow! I am there in the concert hall...the smallest details and nuances are all right there in front of me. The sound staging is equally impressive!
wait which one are you about :D

May 2, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #2,002 of 4,473
Wow

Someone else listen to this on TIDAL MASTER

pop never sounded so good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
May 3, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #2,004 of 4,473
May 3, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,005 of 4,473
Just added a power conditioner to the audio chain.
The Heddphone respond with greater transparency, finer dynamic and tonal gradation/contrast, deeper and more articulate bass response. Separation of elements within the sound field and spatial queues are also more clearly delineated. New dimensions of finesse and delicacy emerge.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #2,007 of 4,473
Just added a power conditioner to the audio chain.
The Heddphone respond with greater transparency, finer dynamic and tonal gradation/contrast, deeper and more articulate bass response. Separation of elements within the sound field and spatial queues are also more clearly delineated. New dimensions of finesse and delicacy emerge.
Wouldn't this be suitable for all Totl Headphones than?
Curious at which point, for amps with strong filter capacities, this is happen. :)))
Do someone has further experience with?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back