Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Jun 22, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #1,336 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its neilson's but orange.. hmm.. if you like it...

essentially yes it is rick neilson's design but I think the orange is off because it's supposed to be my university's color because I've been a fan since I was born (parents are alum's) and now I'm going there and I thought the checkerboard was a nice change from the typical word/letter/logo designs you see

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #1,339 of 1,734
DSC02784.jpg

The plugs broke
DSC02794.jpg

the logo is crooked
DSC02798.jpg

the color isn't the right one ( I sent in this picture, I wanted this color:
GetAttachment.aspx
)
but the fit is good, but it feels a little bit cheap and treble is a little bit recessed (haven't really start to listen to it)
the memory wire is also a little bit short (IMO)

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #1,341 of 1,734
I've got answer, he send me a RMA form to return the monitors.
I'll ask or I can upgrade to the C3 and perhaps get a other color (just plain black), because I don't like this color too much and the sound is a little bit dull I think (or I just have to "burn in" my ears with these :p

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #1,342 of 1,734
Jun 30, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #1,343 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got answer, he send me a RMA form to return the monitors.
I'll ask or I can upgrade to the C3 and perhaps get a other color (just plain black), because I don't like this color too much and the sound is a little bit dull I think (or I just have to "burn in" my ears with these :p

What the hell happened !!! It looks like someone took a soldering iron to the plugs trying to take the memory wire out of the plugs. I don't remember they're being a black plug on the monitors. mine just plug into the monitor without a black plate on the monitor.

See Page 1
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...thread-368009/

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #1,344 of 1,734
Backyard engineering at its finest.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #1,346 of 1,734
[size=x-small]I was at the Alien Ears site (hearyourself.com) and they have
NEW STUFF!

They now make AMBIENT MONITORS (which Im thinking about getting)
tubes from the outside of the monitor to the canal to allow ambient sound in!
I guess you can even plug them up if you do not want the ambient sound?

Also a single driver silicone model (which Im not thinking about getting)

NEW CORDS in CLEAR, BLACK, BEIGE & WHITE
I emailed them about it and they say its the sony type of cord
thicker with better strain reliefs.

I am going for a new CLEAR cord for sure!![/size]!
Just FYI![/SIZE]

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #1,349 of 1,734
I went with clear with black faceplate and white artwork. Rather than try and explain the artwork i'll just post pics once i get the completed monitors. I'm kind of on the fence on what color cord to get, either black or clear. I do plan on getting a UE custom cord eventually as mentioned earlier in this thread, so whatever color i don't get from heryourself i can get from UE. Any suggestions?

Thanks to Boomy and everyone else in this thread, it's been a great resource. Andre has been great to deal with so far too, can't wait to get them!

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #1,350 of 1,734
I would suggest the black as the copper has been reported to turn green (Oxidize in about a year) and would be visable through the clear. The SQ is better than the stock HY, but like anything else, it's subjective. There are even rumors that the cables are made by the same company (HY cables are made by Plastics1)(Verified)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back