Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Jul 9, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #1,366 of 1,734
DHL and USPS are often partners in crime.... Since DHL stopped US competition with UPS they have been contracting with USPS for deliveries. DHL will deliver to the USPS processing centers in larger cities and then USPS takes over from there.

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #1,367 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by MindfluX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did pay 455 USD on June 29, but I see no shipping status change for the free impression kit. The U.S. Postal Service website still notes they have received a notification from Alien Ears to send a package.

... I got a feeling this order will take long when I think it needs to be shipped to Europe back and forth
frown.gif

My impression kit got stuck at the customs in Germany... And, you can ignore the USPS website. It never changes. Even now it still shows the same stuff!
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #1,368 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My impression kit got stuck at the customs in Germany... And, you can ignore the USPS website. It never changes. Even now it still shows the same stuff!
wink.gif

Andre said I could check with customs if they're are not holding it.

I'm very pleased with the customer service from Alien Ears besides.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #1,369 of 1,734
You may want to look in your area for an audiologist to do them... At least here in the States they do them pretty cheap.. About 75% of the Head-Fi'ers had them dome professionaly.. I did mine and my son's but I'm in the medical field and felt totaly comfortable.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #1,370 of 1,734
Thanx for the advice.

I have been thinking about getting professional impressions. There is an audiologist one block away from me. I even did live next to it, but last year I moved. I hope I will see a familiar face so I can get some discount.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #1,372 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i ask when you guys send your art in... whats the resolution? mine seems to get pixelated when they try burning it onto the faceplate! and i was working hard on making it real smooth with fireworks too!

Did you send them a bitmap or vector type of image?

For this reason I did choose not to burn a logo. Some of the customs from the UE Ear Art Gallery look great, but I wasn't very impressed about the C3 custom logo's posted in this forum.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #1,373 of 1,734
I thought that the color was more important than the artwork.because most people won't be close enough to see it anyway so I chose no artwork for my C-3's. Next fashion statement option was different color cables... Again, something people can notice.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #1,375 of 1,734
I sent in both....
I asked Andre and he said if I could then to send an eps as well as jpg so that's what I did!
As for which one they actually used.... I don't know

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #1,377 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by MindfluX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanx for your reply. I've no experience with USPS, I'm used to DHL.

The shipping is way faster than the customs, that's my experience (a fellow dutch head-fi member)

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #1,378 of 1,734
I've got the impression kit, shipping took 9 days
smily_headphones1.gif

To be sure I went to an audiologist today. They said my eardrum is quite large and it could be dangerous to play with the impression kit. The material could stick to the eardrum if the largest foam stop is still too small. When that happens I should see a doctor to pull it out, and that hurts they told me. So they convinced me to make an appointment,... next friday they will make impressions with their own tools. Price: 21 USD (15 euro's) for both ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back