Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 9, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #676 of 1,734
well you can get conductive clear paint that they call contact enhancer and build up laters of that to make the pins tighter fitting. or bend them slightly inwards or outwards. meh havent got, any but thats what I would do. good luck guys; i'll be back when its time to order; also might try and find out where to get some of those connectoprs so I can be ready for them
evil_smiley.gif
since I have the raw materials lying around
biggrin.gif
heh.... raw

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #679 of 1,734
Hey everyone.

Wow, this is like the first time I've come on here and this thread has been off thr 1st page!!
eek.gif

Anyway, just a bit of an update on the whole custom cable thing, well, it's on hold for the moment, too much thinking involved and I have 3 exams in the next 4 days so my calendar is a little full.. I'll see if there's still any interest after my exams but seems interest is fading, somewhat anyway
tongue_smile.gif

I'm not sure they sell the connectors by themselves, boomy, they make custom cable assemblies and they make the connectors by injection molding, as far as I can tell, so I think it might be difficult to get the connectors by themselves. Just my thoughts, email them tho, they're very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad you like your AE1s, nineohtoo, I almost bought some of them with the plan being to buy them and keep them for a year and then buy some UEs, but I went for C3s instead.. Should be here early next week, I hope..

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #682 of 1,734
Very cool, DG, and maybe I am showing my age here (yeh I'm only 21 but I have the music tastes of a 50yr old
tongue_smile.gif
) but who are "The Gazette"?

Oooh, only 5 days, huh? Mine might be here as early as Thursday then.. Still, I'm shooting for Friday or Monday at the latest, I think.

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #683 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool, DG, and maybe I am showing my age here (yeh I'm only 21 but I have the music tastes of a 50yr old
tongue_smile.gif
) but who are "The Gazette"?

Oooh, only 5 days, huh? Mine might be here as early as Thursday then.. Still, I'm shooting for Friday or Monday at the latest, I think.

I'm 17 going 18 so i don't think you are old. the GazettE is a JRock band, not many people know unless you live in Japan. Don't worry your IEM will reach you within 5 days. They ship by EMS.

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #686 of 1,734
good for you =) save alot =)

they look v v well made... and ur ears look pretty uniform heh.. my R and L look pretty diff.. weird ears..

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #687 of 1,734
I like the two different colors. I'm REALLY hoping I get more use out of these headphones once I'm up at school because I really never use them here. Maybe I should have gone with the AE1s

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #689 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone.

Wow, this is like the first time I've come on here and this thread has been off thr 1st page!!
eek.gif

Anyway, just a bit of an update on the whole custom cable thing, well, it's on hold for the moment, too much thinking involved and I have 3 exams in the next 4 days so my calendar is a little full.. I'll see if there's still any interest after my exams but seems interest is fading, somewhat anyway
tongue_smile.gif

I'm not sure they sell the connectors by themselves, boomy, they make custom cable assemblies and they make the connectors by injection molding, as far as I can tell, so I think it might be difficult to get the connectors by themselves. Just my thoughts, email them tho, they're very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad you like your AE1s, nineohtoo, I almost bought some of them with the plan being to buy them and keep them for a year and then buy some UEs, but I went for C3s instead.. Should be here early next week, I hope..

Stikk,

We've had an offer from one of the sponsored head-fi stores to make some customs for us but their stuff looks really high end. He says that they can make stuff in almost any price range.

I'm going to take some of the 30g silver wire I have coming and send it to Plastics 1 and ask them if they can make some universal earloops in clear for us as follows:

Take the existing 2 prong plug for UE,Westone, or HY and run the 30g silver wire in twisted pair through the adjustable earloop and terminate in a 2.5mm mono female jack. the total length would only be about 4 in. just long enough to have the 2.5 jack fall behind the ears The outer earloop tubing would be the whole length so it would basically be one solid piece. The lack of flexabiltiy of the solid silve wire would be no problem because that part of the cable is pretty much fixed once you adjust it for your ears. Then we can make our own cables with two simple 2.5 mono cables run together into a 3.5 stereo plug. The 3.5 plug would act as the "Y" .then have straight extension cables in any length, color, or material we want.

I'll make a prototype and post some pics

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #690 of 1,734
DG,

They really do look awsome!!!

I think the novelty of clear has run out for me. The solids look so much nicer.
I think because their sheen shows better in a dark solid color.

I really like my C-3's but I'm gonna have to get some Livewires or Freq's (if they ever come back) just so I'll know once and for all if there is a difference. UE's are still way out of my price range. But i'll tell you what. If I do ever win a Lottery I'll spring for UE 11's for the first ten people that answered this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back