Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 19, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #796 of 1,734
which UE cable are you getting? the clear one?
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #800 of 1,734
yeah they sure do, clear cables can look pretty horrible when they oxidize, lol
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about getting a pair of C3's, but considering the currency rate ATM, well I guess they're still a long way to go...

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #801 of 1,734
If you can, get the C3. My c1000 has quite a lot treble extension, bass is not really impression. It reminds me of the ER4p.
i'm still glad that i didn't pay for the c3, that way I still have some bucks to get the forthcoming westone3 lol.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #802 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can, get the C3. My c1000 has quite a lot treble extension, bass is not really impression. It reminds me of the ER4p.
i'm still glad that i didn't pay for the c3, that way I still have some bucks to get the forthcoming westone3 lol.

OH yeah; glad I didn't pull the trigger last week
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #803 of 1,734
Lil'Kinght,

Don't give your impressions just yet. Give it some time for EQ adjustment as well as some "brain burn-in" for your brain. I know it sounds silly but if you give it at about a week or so you'll notice a big difference.

I got the AE's for my son Danny but they're a Christmas present so I have no way of comparing them to my C-3's. All I can say is the C-3's are not lacking in bass at all. I will expect the Westone 3's to be very similar to the HY c-3's so for the price difference the HY's are probably still going to be the better deal.

I Have a UE white cable on my C-3's right now and to me it looks better than the stock blacks.

260u5np.jpg

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #804 of 1,734
Yeah, I'll keep it running for about 3 or 4 days to see if there's some improvement.

After trying wearing it for while, somehow I feel the left earpiece is larger in the canal than the right one. And I can't push it as deep as the right one. I'm finding way to push it deeper. Or else I gonna have to send Andre an email
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #805 of 1,734
If the SQ does not improve drastically when you push it in, then don't worry. If it stays put and is not uncomfortable, that's all there is to it. Universals use soft foam and silicone tips so your ears will need to get used to the feel of having something hard in them. They should twist and "pop" into place and stay put.

Some hearing aide usesr find it helpful to use a moisturizing cream in between uses of the monitor.

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #807 of 1,734
Just for reference, Lil' Knight, did you do your own impressions or get an audiologist to do it?

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #810 of 1,734
The HY C-3's that I have are only 13 ohms they are very easy to drive even right out of my 2 gen Shuffle 2gb. These custom monitors beg for lower volumes because of the wide Flat soundstage, so an amp is stricty to eliminate low volume hiss and enhance the SQ a bit. Now I don't have a caffeine but I have the following amps.

Travagans Colors
Fiio E3
Boosteroo Revolution
Headroom Total Airhead.

The SQ is excellent across the entire soundstage with the Airhead and Travagans but the Bass is a little too muddy with the Fiio and Boosteroo.
But the Travagans was 60.00 US and the Airhead was 99.00 US while the Fiio was only 8.50 US and the Boosteroo was only 25.00 US so there is an expected SQ difference.
If you've tried any of those amps perhaps you can draw a conclusion about your Caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back