Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Feb 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #1,683 of 1,734
So....yeah the lab received my impressions on 01/30 and still no email from Andre with a tracking # saying they are finished. I should have paid the extra $50 for the lab rush. This is the 4th week so if I don't get a tracking # by monday morning (03/01) then I'm giving him a call.

I'm just getting a little impatient since I have emailed him twice asking for a status update, got one reply a week later saying he was going to check on the status, then nothing. Emailed a week after that and no reply. You know a little customer service goes a long way.

And yes I know to CALL HIM, but you really shouldn't have to call to get Andre provide some good customer service. You order online, you get emails confirming your order, impression kit tracking number email etc, so there should be no problem in replying to a customers email.

Even though it's stated that it takes 2 1/2 to 4 weeks for the process it's a little unnevering to spend $400 and have to wait up to a month for a product with no word during the creation that everything is moving smoothly or that your impressions were great and you don't have to redo them. A quick email half way through production saying that everything is great is good enough.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #1,686 of 1,734
I have the money to spend on the JH16 Pro but I'm not willing to spend that much for any IEM or headphones. I'd want a multi-year full coverage warranty before I'd even consider spending $1150 on IEM's, even then I'd probably say no.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #1,687 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmmm its been a 2 weeks so far.. still no word yet.. thought fixing the faceplate would be quicker..

[size=medium]anyways anyone tried westone cables with C3 yet? thoughts?[/size]

looking forward to that lune cable review as well.. that cable looks thick!

The Westone cables to me where identical to the stock cables in SQ. The Ultimate Ears customs stock cable was warmer, but as I can't tell you why. The one I use now is the Custom cable made by eBay seller Aawan for around 60.00 US. I got it because it is four wire braided and I could easily reterminate to balanced

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #1,688 of 1,734
So I gave Andre a call today and he said he'd check the status tomorrow morning. Well I got a surprise when I got home from work, My C3 where there. I did not get a tracking number from AlienEars at all so I didn't even know they were finished.

BUT I have a big problem. I have no seal at all. The stems look really short. They are comfortable and sound overall good but I get very little isolation. If I press and hold them in I get a seal but once I release they go back. So I just called Andre again and left a voicemail detailing the problem. Looks like either some how I screwed up the self impression kit (which I doubt it, I followed the directions, when the material was setting it sounded like I had ear plugs in) or the lab, fisher hearing, took way too much off from the impressions when they created the mold. Either way this just sucks.

c301.jpg

c302.jpg

c303l.jpg

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #1,689 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Westone cables to me where identical to the stock cables in SQ. The Ultimate Ears customs stock cable was warmer, but as I can't tell you why. The one I use now is the Custom cable made by eBay seller Aawan for around 60.00 US. I got it because it is four wire braided and I could easily reterminate to balanced

so my best bet would be picking up a cable from the ue custom online store.. that would set me back 66 bucks.

i want a cable that makes them warmer and gives them a less neutral more fun sound.

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #1,690 of 1,734
So I called Andre today and he is going to send me an RMA to return my current monitors and also send me out a new self impression kit.

I have been listening to the monitors off and on and it sounds good and the bass is decent but without the full isolation it feels a little lacking. There has been a couple times that I was able to get a nice seal and it sounded much better.

So when I make my new set of impressions I just need to push the foam stopper in much more. Luckly I'll have enough material now for 2 complete sets of impressions since I kept the extra material from the first impression kit.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #1,691 of 1,734
Howdy all, first post --

So, I'm a drummer who has used universal IEM's for a long time and decided on a friend's suggestion to send my UE SuperFi 5 Pro's in to Alien Ears for a custom remold. In my impatience and restlessness since sending them away last month I've stumbled across this wonderful forum and this epic thread. I have to say, I was excited about my decision after looking at the first half of these posts, but a little apprehensive after the latter parts. Only time will tell.

Andre says that my finished monitors are set to ship out this Thursday so I'll post pics and impressions when I get them. I ordered transparent black with black face plates and a gray custom logo rubbed in.

P.S., this forum is dangerous -- it's gotten me mulling a headphone amp and perhaps a 36-driver custom in-ear.

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #1,693 of 1,734
Quote:

so mine came back after a month.. today... it took 1 month to fix a faceplate.. on top of which.. my impressions which they requested for just in case didn't make it back..

another wonderful experience shopping with alien ears..

i think i've given up on them.. utterly.. completely.

Yep I called and talked andre over aweek ago for a refit/rma/new impression kit and still no package. If I don't get something by Friday I'm just going use fisher hearings remold service. I'll just find an online retailer for the impression kit and pay the $80 for remold to get this crap finished. I DO like the sound of the c3 pros though.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,695 of 1,734
Quote:

so my best bet would be picking up a cable from the ue custom online store.. that would set me back 66 bucks.

i want a cable that makes them warmer and gives them a less neutral more fun sound.

There's and eBay seller named "awwan" I think I spelled it right, 60.00 but better Aftermarket and 4 wire braided in case you may want to go balanced. Beyond that the UE is Best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back