Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Mar 9, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #1,697 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got myself a pair of remolded C3's, if you are looking for a fun, and "iPod" sound signature like sound, then you'll like the C3's. For myself, i'm ok with the C3's however for the retail price, i can't say i would buy them for the C3's. My two year ago Livewires trips go beyond the sound quality of C3's on all levels while costing less, but for the fun factor, the C3's win over the trips. The C3 has a high/mid driver, and a dual lows like many offerings by other company, but like Brandon said, the C3's do lack high freq presentation. I myself, couldn't live with the sound signature of the C3, therefore had them sold off after a week after remold.

I'm pretty sure he meant something like "My original Livewires (dual driver) from 2 years ago" because the Trips were not released that long ago. This is also the first time I've heard him mention ever having heard Livewires, so who knows. Also I believe he is 16 years old so he must have had the Livewires when he was 14 which I find odd.

Not trying to be rude, just want to make sense of things.

On the other hand there is a valid point to be had here: the C3 is a fun sounding IEM.

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,698 of 1,734
Hi fellows. A portion of the plastic "housing" supporting the "root" of my memory wire guide has been chipped off. However, I managed to retain the broken-off part & for the past few weeks, been holding both parts together with tape. It will not stand up to daily abuse though, hence I was wondering if it is safe to pour some super-glue onto that exposed area to permanently re-attach both "sides" back together?

memory_wire_hsing_chipped_off.png

By "safe", I mean would the super glue in any way affect the conductivity, etc of that area where the wire is going through? I'm just concerned the adhesive will screw up the circuit somehow...

Really appreciate your advise, fellows. Thanks.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #1,700 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Super Glure should have no effect. The pins are injection molded into the housing and are sealed from outside influences. ( which the super glue would not be anyway)

Thanx boomy; I've gotten around doing just that & am pleasantly surprised the adhesive is sufficiently rigid (& definitely way better than scotch tape). Music still seems to be coming out from that driver, so all's fine.

Relieved that I do not have to send them drivers anywhere to be fixed.

Mar 27, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #1,702 of 1,734
so i've posted more **** on andre's facebook in vain hopes that it'll get his attention. usually i don't have to call, and me and him can resolve things through facebook and email. this time they're trying to ignore me and refuse to fix the chip that wasn't caused by me. and since it was wrapped in bubble wrap its likely its not the mailman either.

at the bare minimum i hope that everyone would see what horrible service they provide and how nonchalant they are with their customers. this would definitely be the last time i purchase from a small struggling company. which would mean even if EM3-Pros are as good as ppl say, I wouldn't risk it because they're a small company as well. the risk is just too great.

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #1,704 of 1,734
so after a month, they've finally gotten back to me. heres the conversation.

Andre Belloise April 11 at 3:29pm
Can I call....I dont use this service much.
And I dont think Im geting all these messages....
Of course we can repair....but I want to talk to you about why there was no case?

Keat Chan April 11 at 3:35pm
I just tried calling you 2 secs ago. I didn't want to send my pelican case in fear of not getting it back and I couldn't find the case you gave me when I bought them, so I figured they would be fine in bubble wrap. You're telling me the bottom bit was chipped upon arrival at the lab? If so, why was there no email sent or any call made to inform me? Let alone no repairs made to the faceplate. On top of that my impressions are missing, and no one from alien ears bothered to reply any of my msges or emails. This is really unacceptable.

i left my number, then he didn't call me. i've tried calling and no one picked up. first class service. there was no apology nothing.

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #1,705 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralliart12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi fellows. A portion of the plastic "housing" supporting the "root" of my memory wire guide has been chipped off. However, I managed to retain the broken-off part & for the past few weeks, been holding both parts together with tape. It will not stand up to daily abuse though, hence I was wondering if it is safe to pour some super-glue onto that exposed area to permanently re-attach both "sides" back together?

memory_wire_hsing_chipped_off.png

By "safe", I mean would the super glue in any way affect the conductivity, etc of that area where the wire is going through? I'm just concerned the adhesive will screw up the circuit somehow...

Really appreciate your advise, fellows. Thanks.

That also happened to mine when I received it, within 3 hours, I'va sent them back and it took over 1.5/2 months to got them back and they didn't do anything but just put a new cable on it.
I requested them to upgrade it to the C3, he said it was ok and said he would sent me a paypal request, never received it despite mailing him multiple times (no response)
I also told about the colour which were disguisting and didn't looked like the picture I sent to him of the colour I wanted. Also the art was croocked and they just ignored it.

I told already a lot of pages back: don't buy them, you will regret.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #1,706 of 1,734
check out what i posted on andre's wall before he removes it,
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...ienEars?ref=ts

lets bury this thread. this company and it's products are worthless. we have much better options. his products are cheap, but whats the point when they're cheaply made with extremely bad customer service so your monitors can never be fixed? everyone you've been warned. go with companies with great customer service, we learnt our mistakes the hard way.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #1,707 of 1,734
Hi all...

I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on how to fix a slight problem. I have Alien Ears C3's and have a UE cable but the two prong gold wire's that go into the IEM's are loose fitting and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or a way to fix it so that they sit tight in the IEM's? Any advice very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #1,709 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
check out what i posted on andre's wall before he removes it,
Poojaa Darshan | Facebook

lets bury this thread. this company and it's products are worthless. we have much better options. his products are cheap, but whats the point when they're cheaply made with extremely bad customer service so your monitors can never be fixed? everyone you've been warned. go with companies with great customer service, we learnt our mistakes the hard way.

Saintkeat,

[size=medium]STOP FLAMING !![/size]
There are still many more satisfied customers out there than disatisfied. Your certainly welcome to come here and express your concerns as long as they are fact based and professional. It's not your place to call for the closing of the thread regardless of your experiences. whether this thread is of value to other Head-Fi'ers or potential customers is up to them not you.

Apr 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #1,710 of 1,734
My only problem is their horrible customer service. I like the sound quality I just need to get them refit. I decided to go with fisher hearing/in earz and just pay the $80 for their remold service than try and go through alienear. Its andre/alienear that is the main problem not their lab which is fisher hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back