Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jul 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #3,346 of 4,123
I don't make excuses for anybody. However consider that the process for my 4g (2 years ago about) was a much more efficient process, maybe with a slight delay in delivery plus a couple of unanswered emails. But when I discovered a flaw (and on second thought, it may only have been my inexperience with any kind of amp and the lack of thorough users' manual), Robert not only responded immediately, he immediately replaced it at no cost with my only obligation to return the original after I had received and was satisfied with the replacement, which arrived within a couple of weeks. BTW, I had a buyer for the original, if I had wanted to be that way. So, it's not all about business, it is also about people and because of that first experience, Robert holds my respect as a good man, although maybe not the greatest PR manager...

Jul 15, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #3,348 of 4,123
When I bought my Arrow 4G two years ago (upgrade from 1G), Robert actually offered meeting me face to face to deliver the 4G to me during his trip to Hong Kong! Unfortunately I missed his email and so the 4G was mailed to me instead.

I suppose if Robert wants to hide away from customer, he won't bother to meet his customer face to face.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #3,349 of 4,123
this is simply a lesson in patience , guys - a zen exercise that comes in with buying this great amp

see this as like trying to get a beautiful woman to sleep with you - the moment you get in bed with her you forget all the waiting and the cursing 
tongue.gif

i still have my 4G though so i don't feel like i can wait another 3-6 months for 5TX , no matter how good the sonic sex with it might be

patience guys , patience
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #3,351 of 4,123

the down side to meeting deadlines with his one man show, and dedication to perfection, would be recalls? or worse yet, nothing blank void, devoid,

he knows what he's doing, and how he has to go about doing it, and what it will take to get it done, like I said he's a one man show! for what he's put out, only the best little amp this side of the milkey way!

as far as I'm concerned he can take all the time he needs, better that then him closing up shop because he can't meet our expectations of professional businessism?

bad Robert, you stop what your doing and get with our program, naughty, to the corner, quit your daydreaming of changing the world thru what is it that you call it? an amp what lifier? I never heard of such a thing, it can't be done, now go to dental school and get in line with the rest of us muggles, pay your taxes, and be a good little boy, and???

holy crap I can't imagine a world without my Headstage Arrow? eeeck, yicks, gleeerk, could you? my comute to and from work would be a dull grey, montone, thank god Robert colors outside the lines, and does what he does, I am grateful for what little I have, and what Robert has added to it!

anyway Robert take your time and keep up your great work! I believe in you, we will all be hear when you are ready reveal your work of creation!

cheers!

One cannot play one-man-show when he is running business. If the demand is much higher than supply, he should think about expansion. If you do not want to expand your business, keep it low, do not take more orders and try to deliver the current batch before accepting more orders.

Don't get me wrong that i am hater but instead, I am one of his loyalty customers. I discussed with Rob regularly in the past. The reason I want to point out this issue is that I want him to admit the fact and find a way to solve it. There are so many companies in the market. His company will not survive unless he changes the customer service.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #3,352 of 4,123
wow sounds like your knowing Robert in a more personal way, and are genuinely concerned for him, and his future,

I am just blindly and enthusiastically trying to support his artist and creative guiness, which is sublime!

but seeing it from your side, and puting my silly/sapiness aside, you do have huge valid point from the business aspect of his life, which he just needs to balance out more to keep in compation with the broadening audio market,

even though as it stands nobody has anything on Roberts Headstage! it doesn't guarantee his foothold out here, there will forever be us diehard Robert enthusiasts, but will he beable to make a living off of us as it stands, not unless he starts to charge $$$ for his totally awesome work?

how does he balance his creative genius with fincial savey, without finding any breaking points? hopefully Robert never has to discover any of that, and I don't think he will, it would be a super sad day indeed to see him disapear from the market,

it's all about the basics/fundamentals in life, and I would rather be luck then good, I guess time wil tell,

Jul 17, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #3,353 of 4,123
I know this may make me sound like a diehard but I did open up a paypal resolution case against Robert. Anyway, aside from this topic re: business planning and product delivery, I'm curious about the design of the 5tx. For example, there's only one headphone jack, whereas the 4g had two. (two allows two people to connect to the amp). I know it's a ridiculous question and don't expect a reply but I was just wondering if any of you sound techies out there have given any thought to the design of the 5tx, as far as it's been made available.

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #3,356 of 4,123
Yeah, the 4g has two input jacks also, one on either side: makes it more convenient, depending on how you've set you your audio device. I always use the input jack on the opposite side of the output jacks but I can see where you might want to connect on the same side. I hope he's kept that configuration the same.

BTW, my Marshall Monitor Headphones (there's another thread on the topic: http://www.head-fi.org/t/662178/marshalls-new-cans-the-monitor-headphones) have two input jacks also. You can connect the headphone cord to either left or right side. Then you can connect someone else's headphone's into the other side. Solves the 5tx problem.

OK, so I told you guys: open a Paypal case, if you want to hear back from Robert, which I just did. Here's his email:

Hello,

I am assembling the new 5TX amps now. I’m sorry that it took longer again than promised. Too many little problems came up that had to be solved.

Now I have two versions: the standard 5TX with normal bass boost and the 5TX with enhanced (punchy) bass boost. Which version do you prefer? The price is the same. (It is possible to swap the internal sound board but it will cost extra of course.)

Kind regards
Robert

Did he send out a mass emailing?

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #3,357 of 4,123
  Yeah, the 4g has two input jacks also, one on either side: makes it more convenient, depending on how you've set you your audio device. I always use the input jack on the opposite side of the output jacks but I can see where you might want to connect on the same side. I hope he's kept that configuration the same.

BTW, my Marshall Monitor Headphones (there's another thread on the topic: http://www.head-fi.org/t/662178/marshalls-new-cans-the-monitor-headphones) have two input jacks also. You can connect the headphone cord to either left or right side. Then you can connect someone else's headphone's into the other side. Solves the 5tx problem.

OK, so I told you guys: open a Paypal case, if you want to hear back from Robert, which I just did. Here's his email:

Hello,

I am assembling the new 5TX amps now. I’m sorry that it took longer again than promised. Too many little problems came up that had to be solved.

Now I have two versions: the standard 5TX with normal bass boost and the 5TX with enhanced (punchy) bass boost. Which version do you prefer? The price is the same. (It is possible to swap the internal sound board but it will cost extra of course.)

Kind regards
Robert

Did he send out a mass emailing?

so after all .. he is alive !!
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #3,360 of 4,123
SOP, standard opperating procedure with Robert, and as usuall it will definately and most assuredly is going to be worth the wait,

he is an artist, a creative genius, and when he has to solves his delays, it is always for the better, just like me when I have to fix problems, I am always learning a better way to go about doing them in the end, it sucks but I wind up getting lemonade from my lemons, Robert gets fine champange from his delays/sour grapes, lol,

the 5G that I use for my ultra portable rig is simply a work of wonder! almost as good as/rivals my larger portable rig, the CLAS-R>Rx combo,

Thanks Robert!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back