Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jul 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #3,376 of 4,123
I think I would like to ask him for the "enhanced" bass boost. What I find interesting is the option to address the bass in different ranges, so you can modify midbass independent of subbass, for example.

I don't know if there is a clear-cut definition of "basshead", despite of there being a lot of threads on the subject (try the search function, you'll be surprised). I think a "basshead" could listen to all kinds of music, theoretically, and just like them presented with emphasized bass. But in reality, you would probably find the most bassheads among listeners of Rap/HipHop and Electronic Dance Music with all of its diverse subgenres.

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #3,377 of 4,123
Thanks. Yeah, I'm definitely a guitar and drums head, when it comes to trad rock and roll. I also like EDM and electronica lot but I don't think deep or enhanced bass is inherently a prerequisite to liking it. But I wonder what Robert's trade-off is. I think that since it's the same price as the standard 5TX then the enhanced bass version must lack something the standard version has or he wouldn't offer a standard model.
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #3,386 of 4,123
Cross - crossfeed circuit (off, low, high).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Found this definition in another thread--http://www.head-fi.org/t/233288/what-is-crossfeed#post_2865141
Crossfeed is when you hear the music in a less stereo and more mono way.
Some people think that headphones seperate the stereo too much so a crossfeed mechanism can make the stereo seperation less obvious and more nataural as if you are listening in front of speakers.

Do you like it? Thanks. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #3,387 of 4,123
I mentioned earlier that I started a dispute with Robert via Paypal's resolution center b/c you only have 180 days to open one, from the date of payment. They tried to communicate with Robert but he didn't respond. Paypal's rules are they will close the dispute automatically after 30 days, if it's still unresolved, unless you escalate it to a claim. Once a dispute is closed it cannot be reopened. My initial 30 days ended on 8/31 so I escalated it to a claim. Also, you can close a claim any time you want so I thought "no worries". But Robert immediately refunded my money. I mean yesterday. No emails, no communication with Paypal: just a full refund. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back