Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jul 19, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #3,362 of 4,123
Hi,

I received a personal response to another email I sent to Robert re: the reason for the single headphone jack on the 5TX. He offered to remove the input jack next to the volume control and replace it with a headphone jack...for an additional $50. So you can have 2 input jacks and one headphone jack (the standard model) or vice versa for an additional $50. Not worth it for me. So sorry but you can't have 2 input jacks plus 2 headphone jacks.

Anybody opting for the punchy 5TX (for bass heads)?

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #3,364 of 4,123
I asked Robert a couple of months ago if it wasn't possible to have the extra bass of the 5P with the 5TX. Strange that's he asking 50 euro for the 2nd headphone jack, but the bass boost upgrade is free. I would have paid 50 euro for that, you're basically getting the 5P and 5TX in one :)

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #3,365 of 4,123
  Hi,

I received a personal response to another email I sent to Robert re: the reason for the single headphone jack on the 5TX. He offered to remove the input jack next to the volume control and replace it with a headphone jack...for an additional $50. So you can have 2 input jacks and one headphone jack (the standard model) or vice versa for an additional $50. Not worth it for me. So sorry but you can't have 2 input jacks plus 2 headphone jacks.

Anybody opting for the punchy 5TX (for bass heads)?

Would you be able to check if he can do balanced? with two 3.5 mm ports? And the extra bass is an option as in a switch or like a permanent tweak to the sound?

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #3,366 of 4,123
I asked Robert a couple of months ago if it wasn't possible to have the extra bass of the 5P with the 5TX. Strange that's he asking 50 euro for the 2nd headphone jack, but the bass boost upgrade is free. I would have paid 50 euro for that, you're basically getting the 5P and 5TX in one
smily_headphones1.gif

Is that a permanent sound tweak or like a switch option? I notice that you have the R2A as well. Do you think the 5TX would be good for it?

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #3,368 of 4,123
Is that a permanent sound tweak or like a switch option? I notice that you have the R2A as well. Do you think the 5TX would be good for it?

Its a switch, the normal version will have a +0/+6/+9db switch, the enhanced will have +0/+9/+18db.

I've been on vacation the last two weeks, I'll hear the Flare when I get back in two days but from what I've heard its very source dependent. Which source are you using?

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3,369 of 4,123
So, if he finished a batch right now, would there be a chance to reveive one right away if you ordered now? I guess not, seems too good to be true.
Does anyone know how many units are in a batch? Just how backordered is he usually?

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #3,370 of 4,123
I know we're all excited after getting the email, but I still have to wait and see if a batch will be ready within a short time. The ones that ordered months ago also got a very similar mail in April or so, that he had to fix something but was ready to ship in two weeks. And complete radio silence after that for months..

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #3,371 of 4,123
Okay, I might reach out to him to ask. Any more comparisons to the Zo FS? They're both interesting, but I think I might like the finer bass tuning of the Zo. On the other hand the Arrow has this bass freq thing going. Hm ...

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #3,374 of 4,123
  Okay, I might reach out to him to ask. Any more comparisons to the Zo FS? They're both interesting, but I think I might like the finer bass tuning of the Zo. On the other hand the Arrow has this bass freq thing going. Hm ...

skip the ZO FS? theyhavefailedtheauiophilecommunity!!!!!!! well they have, I still have and still use the original ALMIGHTY and ALL POWERFUL ZO!!!! and tremble with fear because of it! lol,

well you should without a doubt as stand alone get the Arrow, there is no real comaprison.......the Arrow hands down carries the music away into another completely higher dimesion then the FS does with its bass and treble controls could ever do, and I am uber sorry to have to say any of that, because I am a diehard ZO fanatic! 

now the plus side of the FS besides the + on the FS+, is that you can add the FS to any rig following any amp, and then fine tune the bass or treble that the other amp can't reach/manage/or achieve on its own, because technically the ZO/FS is not an amp, its based on SVT smart vector technology, which really only contours the music, and so it isn't double amping the signal, which is what I do with my ZO, and will experiment with my FS+, as I have recently gotten it back from Digizoid, my set up/rig at current is, iPod>CLAS-R>Rx>ZO/FS+>ASGs!!!!!!

Also, does anyone know if the Arrow holds his own against the VorzAmp Pure/Duo? I'd be grateful for any comparisons.
Thanks!

... will have get back to you on that, I was just going to flat out say yes, but I haven't listened to them all in the same way, I have all 3 of them, I listened to the P/D along with the CLAS-R, and the Arrow as a stand alone, so my impressions wouldn't be fair/accurate/or even,

using the Arrow along with the CLAS-R didn't help it, it sounds GREAT just as it is!.......

I had both now I only have two Arrows abd I am waiting for the new model.

...I agree 1000%

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #3,375 of 4,123

Are you talking about the 5TX with the normal bass boost or the enhanced bass boost 5TX (same price)? I asked Robert what the difference was and he called the enhanced bass boost "punchy" and for bass heads? I listen to all kinds of music. what's a bass head listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back