Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Nov 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #3,109 of 4,123
Cheers all, so judging by the buttons on mine i have a 4g? Is there any way of determining whether T or N model?

I have 2, 4Gs and 1, 4T, and the only noticeable difference is on the back with the swtches, the 4G has a (chg) on the otherside of the input hole, and the 4T doesn't have it, what the chg stands for you got me, I would have thought it stood for charge? but it is on the opposite of where the mini usb charging port is?

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #3,110 of 4,123
I have 2, 4Gs and 1, 4T, and the only noticeable difference is on the back with the swtches, the 4G has a (chg) on the otherside of the input hole, and the 4T doesn't have it, what the chg stands for you got me, I would have thought it stood for charge? but it is on the opposite of where the mini usb charging port is?

And that's all?? No differences in sound!!

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #3,111 of 4,123
you where asking how to tell the difference for which model that you have? a 4G or 4T? and so on, and hence forth, to my knowledge, that is the only way to tell which model that you have,

as to the sound, well hell yes der is a difference!!! but that isn't what you where asking about? sorry for my lack of detail as to any sound difference, lol,

the tube adds a warmer overall sound, richer, but looses some crispness/detail just a little mind you? and adds to a more spacious soundstage, I'm not very good at objective comparisons, I either love things or not? but I gave it a listen for a couple of weeks on my commute to work, eventaully I went back to the 4G, might give it another listen, but it was a very very nice change of pace, its been a few months since I've listened to the 4T,

I have a the 5N/T/P coming, so I am anxious to give it a listen when it does get here,

btw, I'm curious if anyone is for certain if the the 5N is the standard, just without one of the added boards, the T, or P, and by adding either of the two boards, you get the T or P, sound, or without an extra board it is the N, and that is how to get one of either of the 3, or is there also an N board? I'm thinking not, as there are only 2 extra boards listed to buy on the site, just curious, thanks!

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #3,112 of 4,123
[...] btw, I'm curious if anyone is for certain if the the 5N is the standard, just without one of the added boards, the T, or P, and by adding either of the two boards, you get the T or P, sound, or without an extra board it is the N, and that is how to get one of either of the 3, or is there also an N board? I'm thinking not, as there are only 2 extra boards listed to buy on the site, just curious, thanks!

I agree with you, I think that both the current nomenclature of the 5th Generation Arrow models and the way the description has been written on their website can be a little bit confusing.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #3,113 of 4,123
I pre-ordered a 5g back in May.  I have sent 2 emails over the last 3 weeks via the Headstage website requesting a status on delivery and I have not received a reply.  Does anyone have any other contact details so I can at least get a reply on status from Headstage.  I must say that their customer service has been dissapointing in tghis instance.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,114 of 4,123
Robert e-mailed me this yesterday:

your amp is on the way to California now, and will be forwarded to you Wednesday or Thursday this week.

sounds like Robert has got the ball rolling! so I am uber happy! lets hope everyone else is on his mailing list?

impressions will be forthcoming

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,116 of 4,123
ggrrr, ugh, lol, no, but I think Robert is making some changes to my order? I might not see it till next week?

so I guess everday will hold somewhat of a surprise for me till it gets here! hopefully sooner then later, but its all good!

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3,118 of 4,123
I've been using my Arrow 3G often over the past few years. Originally I used it as a portable headphone amp, which it's great for given its small size, but for the past few years it's just been stationary on my desk (connected to the Headstage USB DAC). I had to replace the battery once, which was very easy to do. It's been a great little amp. I love that the amp has dual headphone outputs which allow two of us to listen to music at the same time (using similar headphones so that the volume will be the same).

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #3,119 of 4,123
Both the European and the American Headstage/Headphonia Websites, and the Support Forum, seem to be down right now, all of them show the message:
  "Diese Präsenz ist derzeit nicht verfügbar".

Maybe there are some News or changes coming up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back