Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #3,122 of 4,123
i am very happy with the arrow 4G amp i have for the last 2 years - it really helped out beefing out the sound with my J3 and RE-262/272 setup and i am also using it on my DX90 - even though the dx90 internal amp is good, i seem to prefer using the arrow with both my top iems (RE-272 and RE-600)

yes, the communication is kinda problematic , but once you get the amp all bad memories are forgotten
biggrin.gif

the exchange program also is a wallet-saver
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #3,123 of 4,123
  Both Websites are back in place, and it looks like some Arrow 5G orders are arriving already !

Check the Support Forum: http://www.headstage.com/forum/forum.php

the user stas on the 5g forum is one very RUDE individual

i am hoping he is not a member here - we definitely don't need people like him around

if i were robert , i would refund him and never take any new orders from him.

Dec 13, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #3,125 of 4,123
I got my Arrow 5N today! The amp is awesome (I have the 4G too), but the nicest surprise was the DAC and the little microusb to microusb cable included. I hooked it up to my Galaxy S5 (running Neutron) and it is FANTASTIC. Took a little time to test the bass boost options (EXTREME BASSHEAD style) and the Bass set on II, with M setting, really made my SZ2000's rattle. Love the instant mute by pressing down on the volume knob. Compared to 4G, there's only one headphone output vs two previously, Bass boost gets frequency options (L, M, H - I believe "Low, Medium, High") and the crossfeed option is gone (who uses that anyway). The charging is switched from miniusb to microusb, and DAC is added (with Off, PC, or Mobile options). Also the Gain button switched location from bottom to top next to the volume control, which is good.

I only wish we could get more technical details (what dB boost do the Gain settings add, what frequencies does the L,M,H Bass boost affect and in what shape)

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #3,128 of 4,123
Being a BassHead, I am very interested in the 5P (or at least the 5N with the PunchBoard).
Anyone ready to post quick a review of the 5P?

I got my Arrow 5N today! The amp is awesome (I have the 4G too), but the nicest surprise was the DAC and the little microusb to microusb cable included. I hooked it up to my Galaxy S5 (running Neutron) and it is FANTASTIC. Took a little time to test the bass boost options (EXTREME BASSHEAD style) and the Bass set on II, with M setting, really made my SZ2000's rattle. Love the instant mute by pressing down on the volume knob. Compared to 4G, there's only one headphone output vs two previously, Bass boost gets frequency options (L, M, H - I believe "Low, Medium, High") and the crossfeed option is gone (who uses that anyway). The charging is switched from miniusb to microusb, and DAC is added (with Off, PC, or Mobile options). Also the Gain button switched location from bottom to top next to the volume control, which is good.

I only wish we could get more technical details (what dB boost do the Gain settings add, what frequencies does the L,M,H Bass boost affect and in what shape)

If the 5P has base noise/hiss (see next post); Than on the 5N or even on the 5T, do the bass boost settings (the two bass selectors) provide significant bass effects? without compremising the mids?

Thanks

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #3,129 of 4,123
I've received an Email from Headstage (I was asking some things about 5P). He told me that the 5P has a base noise/hiss because of it's higher gain. So if I want dead silence (gain/volume being 0), I should buy 5T or 5N.. Now I'm worried a bit.. I really would like to have 5P.. OR Digizoid FS, but I don't really know if its worth it to spend the extra money on 5P. And how the amps are compared in hiss/noise and bass boost.. 

Dec 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3,130 of 4,123
Nice to see the 5G's are finally shipping! Been considering this or the oppo HA-2 (when it eventually releases) and the fact that this is now shipping makes my choice even harder...

Does the DAC in this provide a noticeable improvement over a nexus 5? (phone)

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,131 of 4,123
I am looking forward to read a Review about the 5G, I am particularly curious about that three-position L,M,H Bass toggle.
First posted opinions seem to great !

Quote:

the user stas on the 5g forum is one very RUDE individual

i am hoping he is not a member here - we definitely don't need people like him around

if i were robert , i would refund him and never take any new orders from him.

I have seen and read that member's comments on the Support Forum and I agree with your opinion (and some others if you read back in this thread).
Just wondering why you would quote me to refer to that individual.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3,132 of 4,123

I have seen and read that member's comments on the Support Forum and I agree with your opinion (and some others if you read back in this thread).
Just wondering why you would quote me to refer to that individual.

i simply quoted you because you included the link for the arrow forums , no offense meant for you sorry if you misunderstood me

cheers :)

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #3,133 of 4,123
I have emailed Headstage 4 times over 6 weeks and not one reply. I have been patient and polite but I am starting to worry that I won't see my amp that I paid for in full in May. Does anyone have contact details outside of the contact page on the website?

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #3,134 of 4,123
I have emailed Headstage 4 times over 6 weeks and not one reply. I have been patient and polite but I am starting to worry that I won't see my amp that I paid for in full in May. Does anyone have contact details outside of the contact page on the website?

My experience, having bought 2 Arrows (4g and now 5N), is that I never received a response to email, so I stopped emailing. I did get my amp both times, within 4 months the first time (2 years ago) and now within 3 months. No use emailing, the amps will be done when they are done. Not saying that's good, just saying that's how it's been for me.

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #3,135 of 4,123

My experience, having bought 2 Arrows (4g and now 5N), is that I never received a response to email, so I stopped emailing. I did get my amp both times, within 4 months the first time (2 years ago) and now within 3 months. No use emailing, the amps will be done when they are done. Not saying that's good, just saying that's how it's been for me.

Yup, that's quintessential Robert.... And how it happened for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back