Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Oct 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #3,091 of 4,123
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #3,093 of 4,123
I don't know why people are hesitant to order...Robert has always delivered in due course, albeit some waiting times but his products are excellently built and sound even better. Admittedly, the wait time is a bit irritating but with the way Robert produces the amps, I can understand the time required, in addition to his devotion to perfection on his Arrow's. I am using the 4T right now and use it as my go-to portable amp along with a Cypher labs portable DAC, sounds great and was undeniably worth the 2 week wait!

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,094 of 4,123
i have the 4G and it is such a nice amp , kudos to Robert and his weird delivery times
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #3,095 of 4,123
  i have the 4G and it is such a nice amp , kudos to Robert and his weird delivery times
biggrin.gif

At this time, the website shows 2 weeks as expected delivery time.

I never had an Arrow myself, but heard the previous "Basic" 4G for a while and loved it, it totally had the fun-factor, while keeping a good balance throughout the range, and a nice soundstage.

I am dying to get my hands on the new one, but, to be honest, I am a little bit afraid of the fact that you mentioned.

I am not sure if the sound signature will be the same now on the basic 5G which is now called 5N, (for Neutral,  I guess), the explanation on their website seems a bit confusing between different model names, 5G, G5, 5N, 5T, 5P...

Hoping someone will review the New Arrow soon !

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #3,099 of 4,123
A question for all you 4N owners out there. I noticed something weird today. I was A/Bing between the 4N and directly from an Ipod Classic (with rockbox firmware), with the EQ off and no bass or treble boost on the 4N. The Ipod and 4N are volume matched (maybe a 5% difference, I'm not a machine :)).

So I notice that on certain tracks when listening through the 4N, the leading edge (attack)of a deep bass line is initially soft and then comes back in full force. On the iPod I just hear the attack of the deep bass line in full force right away without that weird initial fade-out and fade-in.

I wonder if this is a bug in my particular model of the 4N or if this is what other people are hearing to.

I was listening to Cowboy Junkies - A Few Bags of Grain, right at the start of that song is where a bass line starts. I know that overall the iPod sounds ever so slightly warmer than the 4N, but this weird bass thing shouldn't be happening either way.

Any thoughts?

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #3,100 of 4,123
How does this compare with the JDS labs c5d? I'm looking at getting a portable DAC/amp to use with my phone and this and the c5d are looking like the most portable options (great battery life and form factor with this in particular) although the ibasso d6 is a bulkier possibility too. I'd be using them with b&w p7's.

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #3,103 of 4,123
Trying to find info on the different revisions of the arrow

Which model has cross, bass, treble and gain? Each setting

Has one zero or two to select?

Cheers

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #3,104 of 4,123
Trying to find info on the different revisions of the arrow

Which model has cross, bass, treble and gain? Each setting

Has one zero or two to select?

Cheers

My 4G has all the switches you mentioned. I also believe the 4N and 4T have all those switches.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,105 of 4,123
Thanks for the info

Any idea on the differences? N-neutral? T-tube? G-general?

Just wondering as purchased one on a popular auction site and I'm not 100% certain on the model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back