Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and leather construct
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #32 of 132
Okay, all opened up. Unfortunately the driver seems to be glued into the white plastic thing. Not sure if I want to attempt to remove it or not...

Here's a low quality pic:

There's a weird solid metal thing in the headphone cup as you can see. Not entirely sure what it's for.

EDIT: @new reformation

Headband isn't the weird square shape of the hp50 though (thank goodness
wink.gif
). I'd say it's closest to the mikros 90 headband.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #34 of 132
The heavy metal thing embedded in the cups is likely something to help control resonances, it's a mass loading thing. I found one in something once also

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #35 of 132
Hmmm, interesting, never seen something so thick used for that before. I might grab another pair and see if messing with the white plastic cover on the drivers can open up the sound a little.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #40 of 132
So, I picked up a pair of these last night... Was a little nervous but they are pretty darn nice...

Solid little cans with great balance. I changed the pads with a cheap pair of Kmart headphones which seems to stop a little bit of the stuffiness and am now stretching them out a little (big head...)

Initial sound impressions are great balance, nothing missing tho not pressing out details. My initial thoughts would be that I prefer it to the takstar pro80's tho I have yet to do any ab-ing...

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #45 of 132
Wow, nice find!

Definitely either based on that or using the same OEM. Would like to see these cans released in the gold colour, looks quite pleasant. Would be nice to get a different colour for the pair I'm going to try modding too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back