HeadRoom Clearance Sale
Feb 7, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...I'd have to say that's not my experience, I'll take the 650 or 701 over the GS1000 anyday; but you go right ahead and believe what you hear, who am I to tell you any different.

Tyll my ears say the same thing
biggrin.gif

You would not bend on the price,(On the 201s) so I got your your marketing department "Good" I ordered 2 Sennheiser PX 100s as gifts instead. I feel
icon10.gif
Great. I love to win.
confused.gif
Have a great day Headroom keep up the great work.
(LOL)

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered 2 Sennheiser PX 100s as gifts instead.
(LOL)

Glad you found something you wanted. You have a great day too. Geez, you are up at all wierd hours.

Feb 17, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on Jamey
icon10.gif
If you are going to throw a sale give us something to get us excited about. $4.95 of the price of 201s not alot to get excited about. The ETYs now thats a great price!

You guys are cool losen up a little. make it $15.00
eek.gif
for the 201 and I will buy 6 sets! For real! They are great gifts. This seems like a good way to get rid of a little extra stock. Happy new year.

I know this will cut drasticly into Tylls cool shirt budget. Company first.

Order Date: November 28, 2005 7:45 PM (this is from my old Headroom order)

Billing Address Shipping Address
Mark Ferris
XXXXXXX RD.
Lovettsville, VA 20180
540-XXX-XXXX
Mark Ferris
Item Price Quantity Total
Sennheiser HD 201 $19.95 3 $59.85
Sennheiser PX 100 $49.99 1 $49.99
Sub Total: $109.84

Shipping
FedEx Express Saver $0.00
Grand Total $109.84

I agree. A quick search of Froogle came up with results of stores offering the 201's for $18 without special sales, mentioning head-fi or any other type of special sale promotion. If you're gonna do something, do it right: Offer the 201's for $12. Now, that would be a legitimate sale and a good deal.

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #34 of 54
Tyll and Jamey,

I just got my ER4S. They are amazing! Thank you very much! They are supposed to be my work "cans". I think I will be staying at work late longer than usual.
etysmile.gif

Vlad

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Friends,

HeadRoom is having a clearance sale.

Due to changes in distribution methods, HeadRoom can no longer afford to carry Etymotic Research products. Luckily for you, there is a bit of savings to be had while supplies last. Please call our sales staff at 1-800-828-8184 to place an order. Pricing is as follows. Standard shipping is $10. No returns are accepted except for defective products.

ER-4P $169.00
ER-4S $169.00
ER-6i $89.00
ER-6 $79.00
Ety-com $29.00

Because of poor forcasting on my part, we have a few too many Sennheiser HD201's and are offering these at $20 to head-fi members. Call our sales department and let them know you saw the sale on head-fi to order these. Returns in as new condition will be accepted for this product.

Thanks for your support!!

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or e-mail me, jamey@headphone.com

Cheers,
Jamey

Mar 22, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by bifcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. A quick search of Froogle came up with results of stores offering the 201's for $18 without special sales, mentioning head-fi or any other type of special sale promotion. If you're gonna do something, do it right: Offer the 201's for $12. Now, that would be a legitimate sale and a good deal.

that would probably also be less than their cost... at least i know its less than guitar center's cost... i recently purchased a whole bunch of 201's for work from gc and the best they would do for me was like $19 IIRC... and this was part of a $50,000 order of other equipment so its not like they weren't making their money in other places

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #37 of 54
I seriously doubt that. Too many places are offering these phones at this price.

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

I seriously doubt that. Too many places are offering these phones at this price.

You're arguing about $2, you know that right? Asking them to sell them at $12 (as you did in your post above) is ludicrous and I'm sure it's well below their cost. Me, I'd rather give Headroom $2 and know that I've actually got someone standing behind the product if something goes wrong. Wait, I already did, twice even.
cool.gif

Wise man once say: in pursuit of the lowest price you often find the worst value.

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're arguing about $2, you know that right? Asking them to sell them at $12 (as you did in your post above) is ludicrous and I'm sure it's well below their cost. Me, I'd rather give Headroom $2 and know that I've actually got someone standing behind the product if something goes wrong. Wait, I already did, twice even.
cool.gif

Wise man once say: in pursuit of the lowest price you often find the worst value.

Yeah, gotta agree with my boy Nate here. You guys have a lot of nerve.

The funny thing is that some of the people who complain about $2 here will think nothing of sending off a check for big bucks to someone they don't know (or maxing out their credit card) for something they've never even actually heard before
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #40 of 54
It's not about the $2. It's the fact that it's presented as this big deal of a sale whereas there are plenty of internet stores out there that have these phones for this "special sale" price all the time. My point is that if you're gonna have a sale, then have a real sale where your prices are actually lower than those of anyone else. Otherwise, it's just a ploy.

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

it's the fact that it's presented as this big deal of a sale whereas there are plenty of internet stores out there that have these phones for this "special sale" price all the time.

bif, I think you're missing the point that this clearance sale was mostly focused on the Ety gear that Headroom will no longer be carrying. It was not focused on the HD201s, they were a tertiary inclusion at best. That said find me a place where this was billed as some "big sale" - Jamey's post reads pretty flat from my perspective.

Quote:

My point is that if you're gonna have a sale, then have a real sale where your prices are actually lower than those of anyone else.

Answer me a question bif, have you ever shopped somewhere even though you knew their price wasn't the absolute rock-bottom lowest? I know I do, and frequently because there is an additional value in that price not directly related to the goods that I'm purchasing. The simple fact is that on average you're likely going to find a slightly lower price on headphones compared to Headroom if you scour the web looking for them. But show me one of those retailers that attempts to give you any information about the product your buying. Headroom puts a ton of time and effort into educating the consumer about the purchase they're about to make. Clearly that effort takes money and raises their overhead. So, if you want to pay J&R or some random anonymous Amazon vendor for your headphones go for it but don't try to paint Headroom as disingenuous for having a sale that doesn't meet your personal criteria for a "real sale". [/soapbox]

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #42 of 54
To answer your question, I always shop for the best possible price. Sometimes I don't buy at the absolute lowest if I feel the vendor isn't trustworthy or the products are going to be mishandled. For the most part though, price is king in my book. I would much rather do my research on forums such as this than pay for the research being done for me.

As far as sales are concerned, I feel that a definition of a "sale" is selling an item at a price lower than everyone else. If it isn't lower than the competition, then from my perspective, it's not a real sale.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

As far as sales are concerned, I feel that a definition of a "sale" is selling an item at a price lower than everyone else. If it isn't lower than the competition, then from my perspective, it's not a real sale.

Quote:

My point is that if you're gonna have a sale, then have a real sale where your prices are actually lower than those of anyone else. Otherwise, it's just a ploy.

i think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting that. A sale by definition is a lower price than a regular price. Not a certain percentage, certain item or comparison to other stores. Please join us in the real world. If you havent figured out what a clearnace sale is by now, you may just want to hand over the shopping duties to someone else. You'll be less stressed out and disappointed in the future.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Well you are wrong. If a merchant is having a sale it simply means that they are selling the item for less than THEY normally sell it.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #45 of 54
The inclusion of the HD201's was really just an extra that I added on at last minute but since it's creating such a big stink, HD201's are officially on sale at a the low price of $15. No special requirements. You can order directly from our website here. In fact we prefer it that way. Get some while they last. Probably won't see this price again for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back