HeadRoom Clearance Sale
Jan 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #16 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And let me pipe in an say after trying about five different cell phone solutions, the Etycom is easily the best corded one I've found. A no-brainer at this price.

thanks for the heads up on this one, Ric! they were low on these and i've just snagged the last of their stock.

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 54
Not much of a loss. The Ety's, IMO, are a terrible product. The design is ancient, outdated, overpriced, and insanely uncomfortable.

I just bought a pair of those ER-4P's as a decent portable solution while my "real" stereo is boxed away for remodeling. How can anyone stand to have these miserable things stuffed into their ears? I have been trying and trying for a week and still cannot stand them. They hurt like a b-tch. On top of that, personally I don't find them to sound that wonderful.

I suppose I'll try a pair of decent cans before giving up on headphones for good, but those Ety's were certainly a disheartening experience. Goodriddance to them, I say.

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by x99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not much of a loss. The Ety's, IMO, are a terrible product. The design is ancient, outdated, overpriced, and insanely uncomfortable.

I just bought a pair of those ER-4P's as a decent portable solution while my "real" stereo is boxed away for remodeling. How can anyone stand to have these miserable things stuffed into their ears? I have been trying and trying for a week and still cannot stand them. They hurt like a b-tch. On top of that, personally I don't find them to sound that wonderful.

I suppose I'll try a pair of decent cans before giving up on headphones for good, but those Ety's were certainly a disheartening experience. Goodriddance to them, I say.

So now we know you don't like Etys.
Any more complaints?
Bad weather? Shoes hurting? Foul mood just because?
Don't like my avatar?
plainface.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #19 of 54
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So now we know you don't like Etys.
Any more complaints?
Bad weather? Shoes hurting? Foul mood just because?
Don't like my avatar?
plainface.gif

Now, now, boys. Behave. No need for a volleyball game of back and forth replies on this one. True, Etymotics products are not perfect, and far from it. True also, that this isn't really the place to discuss their downfalls.

Here we have some incredible deals being offered by one of our founding sponsors who could have simply hung on to their inventory and sold them to the nameless, faceless masses as online orders trickled in over the next several months. Instead, they've used this as an opportunity not only to announce their decison to discontinue the Etymotics line, but also to give us all a chance to get in on the special pricing.

Thanks, Jamey and Tyll, and now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Jan 26, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18152
Required reading for anyone with too much time on their hands.

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, now, boys. Behave. No need for a volleyball game of back and forth replies on this one. True, Etymotics products are not perfect, and far from it. True also, that this isn't really the place to discuss their downfalls.

Here we have some incredible deals being offered by one of our founding sponsors who could have simply hung on to their inventory and sold them to the nameless, faceless masses as online orders trickled in over the next several months. Instead, they've used this as an opportunity not only to announce their decison to discontinue the Etymotics line, but also to give us all a chance to get in on the special pricing.

Thanks, Jamey and Tyll, and now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

x2 Wise words again from good Wmcmanus
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #22 of 54
Excellent prices Jamey! I bought my 4P's from Headroom in 2002 I believe it was...for $275 which at the time was a stellar detail compared to the $350+ MSRP.

It really is too bad Etymotics is going this route particularly given the stiff competition (but they obviously see this as a must). Etymotics better get back to the drawing board, though their phones are still incredibly detailed, perhaps the most out there, phones that are comfy often win out.

Still, at these prices...not a bad idea to pick up a pair or 2 for safe keeping. Not to mention supporting a sponsor!

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #23 of 54
Hi Headroom
icon10.gif

I am sitting here and enjoying my coffee this morning. Thinking I asked a question last week and you guys did not answer me which was a bit rude.

I have met both of you gentlemen (Tyll and Jamey) and would like to give you an example of better manners.

I am sorry Mark at this time we do not feel comfortable marking down the price of the Senn 201 any lower. Thank you for your interest. Tyll/Jamey.

Isn't that a bit more professional than Ignoring me? Plus I gave you an example of my last gift purchase from Headroom. I bought 3 pairs of HD201 for $19.95 right after the meet in Detroit where Tyll asked me to try them.

So naturally I thought wow Headroom is having a sale just for us Head-fiers and I see the price is more than I paid retail the last time I ordered them? So I asked a simple question.

I am enjoying my coffee from a headroom coffee cup by the way. Thanks for listening your friend.

PS. I also bought my ER4Ps and S adapter from Headroom. It is sad to see them gone from your site.

Jan 29, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #24 of 54
Oooops. Ok. I am sorry Mark at this time we do not feel comfortable marking down the price of the Senn 201 any lower. Thank you for your interest. And sorry, I didn't catch it first time around.

Jan 29, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #25 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooops. Ok. I am sorry Mark at this time we do not feel comfortable marking down the price of the Senn 201 any lower. Thank you for your interest. And sorry, I didn't catch it first time around.

Thanks
biggrin.gif
Tyll and do you ever sleep?

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

LOL!
rs1smile.gif

BTW, this is off-topic and I apologize, but I just have to add: Tyll, the Desktop with the GS1000 (w/ Black Dragon) blows away any other combo, including the Desktop + HD650 or K-701.

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll, the Desktop with the GS1000 (w/ Black Dragon) blows away any other combo, including the Desktop + HD650 or K-701.

Well...I'd have to say that's not my experience, I'll take the 650 or 701 over the GS1000 anyday; but you go right ahead and believe what you hear, who am I to tell you any different.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

...but you go right ahead and believe what you hear, who am I to tell you any different.

You're Tyll the headphone guy! Aren't you the one who wears a cape and a big H on his chest?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're Tyll the headphone guy! Aren't you the one who wears a cape and a big H on his chest?
smily_headphones1.gif

It stretches out some, looks more like an (-)

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #30 of 54
Quote:

It stretches out some, looks more like an (-)

The (-) is beginning to look like a target, Tyll.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back