Headphonia Arrow 12HE 2G vs Meier Audio Corda Stepdance
Aug 20, 2010 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cykoakustik

New Head-Fier
I've saved up enough to upgrade to a higher level portable amp.

My mind was already set on the Arrow 12HE.

But the numerous posts I've read of delays and months of waiting temporarily stopped my purchase.

Then I read recently the glowing review by Skylab of the Stepdance, which was affirmed by HeadphoneAddict.

That made me more conflicted on which portable amp to choose.

So far, in portability, the Arrow 12HE has an advantage.  Or is the size differential with the Stepdance not that significant?

Of course, I value sound quality first.  This is the aspect I'm undecided with.

I'd greatly appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, you're not going to get much of an answer.  I doubt anyone has both of them to compare.  If size is a huge thing for you, as it is for me, then that may help your decision.  But, in terms of sound quality, that is a mystery.

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 6
As you has said, the are only two person who heard the prototype of STEPDANCE and it doesn't seem like either of them have the Arrow. The smart thing will be to wait, not ask for speculation

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 6
why does skylab and HPA have not reviewed the arrow yet? hope somebody here would loan them one for a full review. there review threads are amazing and having a popular product not included in the mix seems .... well, lacking. the product has been available for awhile now. :)

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #5 of 6
IIRC, HPA did review the Arrow at some point and felt that there were advantages that the Arrow's battery offered compared to other battery options for portable amps. Thinkg it was one of the few portables that seem capable of driving HE-5LEs, which require a good deal more power than most portables are capable of providing.

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 6
That is the 1G not 2G, if I am not mistaken.  If you check headphonia's forum (aka Headstage Arrow) people have started to receive them.  Whether or not they're going to review them is in question.  Just wait, and people will start to review them and compare them with other amps.  I am waiting for mine to compare with the Pico Slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back