Headphoneus Supremus
Dec 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #76 of 92
Quote:
Apparently my post-count keeps rising, I really have no idea how I've gained something like 4000-5000 posts in less than a year; I mean I know I get bored in meetings and on the train and so on and get onto Head-Fi on my BB, but seriously...yikes. But honestly I don't see 20k as a "close" goal for a lot of people.

That is kinda what happened. I made friends and co started a thread and bam.
Quote:

I know...
frown.gif
  I don't know how to post hoar.

20K might be a bit high.  I think new levels at 5K and 10K would be more reasonable as far as strata goes. 

Sure, sky is the limit

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #77 of 92
I'm kind of astounded how many posts I've accumulated in the past few months. I'm nearly at Supremus level now. I haven't exactly been trying to post a lot, either. That said, there's no way I'll ever reach 20k, let alone 30k. 10k might even be a stretch, and will take many years.

Really, I just post whenever I feel like posting, and if my count gets up there, so be it.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #78 of 92
Quote:
I'm kind of astounded how many posts I've accumulated in the past few months. I'm nearly at Supremus level now. I haven't exactly been trying to post a lot, either. That said, there's no way I'll ever reach 20k, let alone 30k. 10k might even be a stretch, and will take many years.

Really, I just post whenever I feel like posting, and if my count gets up there, so be it.

Basically how I felt. My home thread is just an uber thread. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #79 of 92
I think those above 5k or 10k should have another title, it helps to have a bit of recognition for those who've spent a lot of time on Head-Fi.

Maybe "Head-Fi'er Extraordinaire"

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #80 of 92
Personally, I'd be a little sad if I lost my posting privileges in the private Headphoneus Supremus forum, but if that's what it takes to get people posting more, so be it.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #81 of 92
Quote:
I think those above 5k or 10k should have another title, it helps to have a bit of recognition for those who've spent a lot of time on Head-Fi.

Maybe "Head-Fi'er Extraordinaire"

How about "Head-Fi Tragic"  ??

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #82 of 92
Haveus No Lifeus?

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #84 of 92
Walletus Empteous? 

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #86 of 92
What if they made it so that once a person reached 20k the counter reset and they had to start all over again? For one, they'd lose access to the HS forum for about three seconds, until they managed to get another 1,500 posts.

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #87 of 92
Quote:
What if they made it so that once a person reached 20k the counter reset and they had to start all over again? For one, they'd lose access to the HS forum for about three seconds, until they managed to get another 1,500 posts.

That wouldn't be cool. Half of my posts are in the special HS forum!

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #90 of 92
Yeah, I'm sure that would royally suck for everybody affected. I definitely shouldn't have suggested it. Of course if they set it up so that all that confiscated gear was given at random to any Head-Fi'er named Argyris, I think that might make it better. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back