Headphoneus Supremus
Dec 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #61 of 92
Quote:
Yep, any body that reaches HS gets a free headphone or unit of $200 or lower value from any head fi sponsor. You send their customer service an email that says "Head-Fi HS free headphone" in the subject and then list the item you want.

I'm afraid I don't believe that....lol.

Dec 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #63 of 92
Quote:
Sorry for bringing this thread back up. But now tht Head fi is over 10 years old, i think that there should be many increments past the 1500 it is currently static at.

You just want a Boweius Supremus badge. 
biggrin.gif
  But more importantly, this thread is from 2001!  Were you even born yet?

Dec 17, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #64 of 92
Quote:

You just want a Boweius Supremus badge. 
biggrin.gif
  But more importantly, this thread is from 2001!  Were you even born yet?

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #66 of 92
Infinitus Maximus = the most prolific and longwinded poster.

This would have to be a 1-off floating title for the most deserving recipient at the time.

Post-Infinitus Maximus for previous and dethroned recipients.

Judeous Clonus = ????? !!!!!! ???????

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #67 of 92
Quote:
Infinitus Maximus = the most prolific and longwinded poster.

This would have to be a 1-off floating title for the most deserving recipient at the time.

Post-Infinitus Maximus for previous and dethroned recipients.

Judeous Clonus = ????? !!!!!! ???????

There is already one person with that title lol.

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #68 of 92
Quote:
I admit. I just want an emperor-fi badge but whatever lol. I still think 1.5K is stagnant.

biggrin.gif
  Okay, then with that out of the way, I'm with you on that one.  It'd certainly make me post more if I felt that I had another dan to achieve. 
wink.gif
  Not that I have a problem posting in quantity as is...

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #69 of 92
Quote:

biggrin.gif
  Okay, then with that out of the way, I'm with you on that one.  It'd certainly make me post more if I felt that I had another dan to achieve. 
wink.gif
  Not that I have a problem posting in quantity as is...

Actually, you could have had a lot more posts, but you like to consolidate all your responses and make a nice wrap up of everything that's happened for the past few pages.

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #71 of 92
Quote:
I actually agree with bowei on the "stagnant" thing - mostly because everyone on Head-Fi seems to be HS now; it's not that I care about post-count, I just like seeing different titles and such.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think having a cap at 20k-ish makes sense too - how many people have cleared that in the history of site? 6?

Give me 3-4 months.
A 30K cap would be better. It would give people more enticement to go up for it. Ok, that would basically only be for me. Who else is doing this?

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #72 of 92
Give me 3-4 months.
A 30K cap would be better. It would give people more enticement to go up for it. Ok, that would basically only be for me. Who else is doing this?

Apparently my post-count keeps rising, I really have no idea how I've gained something like 4000-5000 posts in less than a year; I mean I know I get bored in meetings and on the train and so on and get onto Head-Fi on my BB, but seriously...yikes. But honestly I don't see 20k as a "close" goal for a lot of people.

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #73 of 92
Quote:
Apparently my post-count keeps rising, I really have no idea how I've gained something like 4000-5000 posts in less than a year; I mean I know I get bored in meetings and on the train and so on and get onto Head-Fi on my BB, but seriously...yikes. But honestly I don't see 20k as a "close" goal for a lot of people.

I don't know why it is a "goal" at all.....lol. Post because we're here to enjoy ourselves, and exchange information and opinions and conversation.....but posting just to have more posts, seems kind of pointless to me.....

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #74 of 92
I don't know why it is a "goal" at all.....lol. Post because we're here to enjoy ourselves, and exchange information and opinions and conversation.....but posting just to have more posts, seems kind of pointless to me.....

What I mean is that very few people are even close to approaching 20k; so setting bars over 20k would be back to Jude's original question in 2001 - is this bar too high, and how few people are getting it?

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #75 of 92
Quote:
Actually, you could have had a lot more posts, but you like to consolidate all your responses and make a nice wrap up of everything that's happened for the past few pages.

I know...
frown.gif
  I don't know how to post hoar.

20K might be a bit high.  I think new levels at 5K and 10K would be more reasonable as far as strata goes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back