"Headphoneus Supremus" What does it really mean?
Sep 27, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #31 of 53
cpw said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
so speaks a non headphoneus supremus
tongue.gif

Yeah, but he got a custom title. Much harder to achieve and requires something that sets one apart.
CPW

LOL, like an icecream analogy?
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #32 of 53
Slacker,

what it really means is you were too cheap to pony up $15 to support a site you use to fill your existance with meaning. If it weren't for headfi, who would you blather on endlessly to about headphones you claim to not even want?

Congrats on the title anyway, you earned it the old fashioned way, you're a post count whore.

Sep 27, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #33 of 53
Mr. Slacker,
Congrats on being a Headphone Supremus, but the title means nothing to me. I envy those who earn a custom title. Get yourself a Sennheiser HD-580 man!

Sep 27, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #34 of 53
sleepkyng said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw

LOL, like an icecream analogy?
biggrin.gif

That title was hard won! I dived right into the muck of the amp wars and separated the two camps into chocolate and vanilla! That ain't easy you know! In fact, it was a Rocky Road! *
rolleyes.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
There have been a few new members that start off posting 200/day, literally.

But they burn out, lose interest, and dissappear after a week or two.

And then there are those that .....just.....can't ................stop................

tongue.gif

-Ed

That alexandru guy haha.

Sep 27, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Consider yourself to be a part of a very special club. Although I have >1500 postings, I haven't been classified as a Headphoneus Supremus. It's clear that you've been identified as having extraordinary knowledge, and you should therefore wear this moniker with all due pride.
biggrin.gif

not quite. since you are a contributor, jude or whoever has to manually update your title to say supremus (something to do w/ the vB code). If you are not a contributor, it updates automatically. In other words, if you PM jude and say you have more than 1500 posts, he'll change your title to supremus
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #37 of 53
The spending too much time here part is so true... i gotta stop wasting so much time!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #38 of 53
I think that most of the custom titles were given back when Head-Fi was fairly small and with a relatively easily identifiable group of members who posted a lot, or had niche interest or "expertise". Some of them still post - some not since years back.

The only one, who can type in a custom title for somebody, has I think, much more important things on his mind than thinking of witty titles. Like the continuity of this site.
plainface.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #40 of 53
Never made Headphoneus Supremus, never worried about it.

That was until you made this thread, Master Slacker! You've made Headphoneus Supremus and I haven't? How can this be?! Curse you!!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!!!!

May you lose all your teeth but one and in that one you get a toothache!!!

Enjoy your new found respect. See if I care.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
Never made Headphoneus Supremus, never worried about it.

That was until you made this thread, Master Slacker! You've made Headphoneus Supremus and I haven't? How can this be?! Curse you!!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!!!!

May you lose all your teeth but one and in that one you get a toothache!!!

Enjoy your new found respect. See if I care.
tongue.gif

someone is [size=medium]jealous [/size]
tongue.gif

Thanks Mike, im getting there...

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #43 of 53
Boy Scout reference! I'm a Boy Scout myself.

Quote:
Isn't it supposed to have something to do with following through with your oath "To Keep Myself Physically Strong, Mentally Awake and Morally Straight"?-- Or not. Congratulations all the same.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #44 of 53
10/4/05 at 9:32am

Today at 5:47 am

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back