"Headphoneus Supremus" What does it really mean?
Sep 27, 2005 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

MrSlacker

Headphoneus Supremus
Well this is my 1500th post which makes me Headphoneus Supremus. This title makes me think about the time when I just came to Head-Fi. I remember browsing forums and seeing all this "Headphoneus Supremus" titles and thought to myself "Hey, i should listen to them, they must know what they are talking about" but when i think about myself and this title i just come to conclusion that i dont deserve it. After being a year on Head-Fi, i cant even describe the sound that i like, which i think is very embarrassing. Yes, i gained a lot of knowledge about different gear over this time but i still dont think it is enough to be "Headphoneus Supremus". I think "Headphoneus Supremus" should be more selective and given to people that accually deserve it and not to anyone who gets 1500 posts.

Anyways, I dont even know if this post made any sense to anyone, but what the heck...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 53
"Post Whore Surpremous" could be assigned to people with the most number of short posts over a short amount of time
cool.gif

Excellent thread, informative
eek.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 53
it means you spend too much time on here.

it also means your a headphone loving goober.

it also means that browsing head-fi is a daily thing for you, and stuck on you like glue.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 53
“"Headphoneus Supremus" What does it really mean?”

Absolutely nothing. Content not quantity.

You probably weren’t around during EdBot- edwoods alter ego. He posted what seemed like several thousand basically blank responses. Truly meaningless and deserving of the ignore option. Oh yeah he just crested 10,000 posts. I’d probably register under a different name if that ever happens to me- even active it’ll take me over a decade to reach 10,000 posts.

Some members join and post 40 times a day and that’s the average- do they have anything to contribute- No they’re just post wh*res.

To each their own. The people who benefit most from Head-Fi are the members who read the forums, search the archives and lurk. If after some research they can’t find what they want to know they ask an intelligent question and they have the background to discuss and debate the responses.

Mitch

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 53
*post whore raises hand*
But I do dive into the search engines and just spit out pertinent stuff - cmon gang when I'm stressed at work I go into post frenzy mode, is that so wrong? Usually I make SOME kinda sense I hope! Congrats Mr.Slacker, I hope your next 1500 posts can be excellent and most informative!

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 53
You are saying you have made 1500 posts, got the Headphoneus Supremus rank, and you are not a headphone expert? Well my... the things life throws at us some times are truly unbelievable
wink.gif

(Congrats on the post count milestone anyway!)

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 53
Happy Thursday.

Your cans suck.

Buy something decent.

Quite Whining.

You don't deserve it.

This is post 92 for me.

Do your homework.

Your camera sucks.

Congrats...

**BRENT**

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #10 of 53
As others have said, it doesn't mean anything except that you're reached 1,500 posts, be they good, bad, or indifferent. But the fact that you got a kick out of it (at least enough to start this thread) suggests that it means at least a little something to you, and there's nothing wrong with that!

My guess is it was put in place initially simply because the system could provide different 'ranks' based on post count, so Jude must have thought it would be a cool title to bestow, and that it would be fun. That much has proven to be true, since a lot of people like to chat about it.

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicanDragon
Happy Thursday.

Your cans suck.

Buy something decent.

Quite Whining.

You don't deserve it.

This is post 92 for me.

Do your homework.

Your camera sucks.

Contrats...

**BRENT**

...? I missed something too.

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #13 of 53
Consider yourself to be a part of a very special club. Although I have >1500 postings, I haven't been classified as a Headphoneus Supremus. It's clear that you've been identified as having extraordinary knowledge, and you should therefore wear this moniker with all due pride.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Consider yourself to be a part of a very special club. Although I have >1500 postings, I haven't been classified as a Headphoneus Supremus. It's clear that you've been identified as having extraordinary knowledge, and you should therefore wear this moniker with all due pride.
biggrin.gif

Who'd you piss off, Mike?

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back