"Headphoneus Supremus" What does it really mean?
Sep 27, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #17 of 53
Oh come on, be bold... it means you're the Supremus Head-fi-us of the universe! You are supreme high lord and commander of all the known and unknown universes. You may now send down a bolt of lightning upon unsuspecting Bose users. Be of good cheer!
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #19 of 53
Ah, if only the title had any significance whatsoever . . but it doesn't. I'll sell mine to anyone who wants it, opening bid is your immortal soul. And some chocolate pretzels.

Sep 27, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #20 of 53
What does Headphoneus Supremus mean to me?
Why, piece of mind, clout, better self confidence, and respect!!

...All of which I have yet to recieve much less make use of
biggrin.gif

Enjoy the title for what it's worth, that's all I can suggest...
580smile.gif
Abe

Sep 27, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Heres the thread I did on it a while ago.

I denounce my status!!!

Garrett

I think you have to pay to get rid of it
icon10.gif
wink.gif

No that was a joke. But, I think that if somebody becomes a contributor before the 1,500th post, or, gets a custom title by Jude, he will not automatically be crowned Headphoneus Supremus by the server(!)

Sep 27, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #22 of 53
It means, strapping Mr. Slacker, that the site on which you spend the bulk and balance of your web time feels so important, inclusive and welcoming to you that even its automatic titles seem to warrant respect and beggar meditation. Your reaction to your own title underscores the importance of the site in toto, less so, the status of the individual.

Therefore you needn't worry: you've already shown your respect for other members by questioning your own worthiness. We're all of us worthy, which is why we can't stop returning.

Sep 27, 2005 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 53
There have been a few new members that start off posting 200/day, literally.

But they burn out, lose interest, and dissappear after a week or two.

And then there are those that .....just.....can't ................stop................

tongue.gif

-Ed

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
It means, strapping Mr. Slacker, that the site on which you spend the bulk and balance of your web time feels so important, inclusive and welcoming to you that even its automatic titles seem to warrant respect and beggar meditation. Your reaction to your own title underscores the importance of the site in toto, less so, the status of the individual.

Therefore you needn't worry: you've already shown your respect for other members by questioning your own worthiness. We're all of us worthy, which is why we can't stop returning.

so speaks a non headphoneus supremus
tongue.gif

Congrats on 1500 posts. If you like chatting here then you should be awarded the status. Don't worry about not knowing anything about cans - in truth, no one knows more than your own ears.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #27 of 53
sleepkyng said:
so speaks a non headphoneus supremus
tongue.gif

Yeah, but he got a custom title. Much harder to achieve and requires something that sets one apart.
CPW

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

And then there are those that .....just.....can't ................stop................

tongue.gif

-Ed

Anybody want to name two?
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought the Headponeus Supremus title entitled you to a key to the executive washroom and a reserved parking space.

BW

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #29 of 53
Isn't it supposed to have something to do with following through with your oath "To Keep Myself Physically Strong, Mentally Awake and Morally Straight"?

-- Or not. Congratulations all the same.

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

LOL... I think there should be a new title for you since you reached 10,000. You will be the only one... well, for a few days at least. I'm thinking Jahn should be there by this weekend.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back