Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity
May 19, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #976 of 5,187
The lines were supposed to be drawn in the beginning of this thread and I am not sure if there are such rules. There was another thread that got closed for having pictures like the ones we had here a couple of times. A nude upper torso of a male is not really considered nude in many cultures (I don't know where you're from). I see lots of guys jogging around my house without their shirts on and no one would call them "nude". The bare back of a woman's upper torso is also not nude. I don't where do you get these definitions from. Exposure of skin is not nudeness. I take nudeness as someone without any clothes whatsoever regardless of what part of his or her body is showing. This is clear from the distinction made in some beaches like public and nude beaches. In nude beaches, people are without clothes or they may choose to be just topless but in public beaches no one would call someone nude just for wearing a bikini. 

On the other hand, I completely agree with you about other hyper-sexualized images that are far more offensive. I subscribed to this thread just to see different headphones worn on actual people but it has turned out to be more than that. I don't want to be the party pooper and for some I am so who cares, it's the Admins job to decide whether what is posted is appropriate or not. I raised my voice once about this thread but people did not like it. When I take a break from studying I check head-fi and usually I study at cafe shops and it was quite embarrassing for me to have people seen some of these pictures posted. That doesn't mean all are bad, there are some others that are absolutely hilarious, artsy etc etc. 

But please carry on. 

May 19, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #977 of 5,187
There was a previous thread that got deleted by mods because it had nudity in it. We're just trying to avoid that outcome so error on the side of caution more than anything else. I'm sure there are quite a few people that wouldn't mind it, but there are those who might. End goal is to keep the thread alive so no nudity as a rule. Not really getting into social standards or offensiveness.

Quote:
Just wondering, where is the line drawn? A nude upper torso of a male is nude, but no one will bat an eyelash about it. The bare back of a woman's upper torso is also nude, but no one will care either. And if a person is shown nude but no nipples or genitals or pubic hair is shown, then is it actually offensive? There are far trashier images posted with hyper-sexualized images that may not be nude, but are subjectively far more offensive than a mere nude figure that has no erotic overtones whatsoever. (Mind you, I'm not offended by any of this stuff at all--just asking.)

May 20, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #979 of 5,187

[size=medium]
Nobody knows.

But I guess genitals, nipples and bare butts are regarded as "nudity".... Only thing that counts is that it is fun and that no administrator shuts us down with reference to "offencive posts", as happened with the previous thread (see link at post #1)
[/size]

Quote:
Just wondering, where is the line drawn? A nude upper torso of a male is nude, but no one will bat an eyelash about it. The bare back of a woman's upper torso is also nude, but no one will care either. And if a person is shown nude but no nipples or genitals or pubic hair is shown, then is it actually offensive? There are far trashier images posted with hyper-sexualized images that may not be nude, but are subjectively far more offensive than a mere nude figure that has no erotic overtones whatsoever. (Mind you, I'm not offended by any of this stuff at all--just asking.)

May 20, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #980 of 5,187

​
photoon20101028at15082j.jpg
 ​
photoon20101028at1501jp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back