Headphones with soundstage of a concert hall
Mar 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
AKG701/DT990/HD800/HE-6/LCD2 will probably replicate that experience. However you really need a recording that is recorded binaurally and not in stereoscopic format. And a good amp, then it will almost totally replicate that feeling, maybe not as good as speakers though.

The LCD2 has one of the most collapsed soundstages I've ever experienced. Stop recommending headphones you haven't heard yourself.

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #17 of 20
AKG701/DT990/HD800/HE-6/LCD2 will probably replicate that experience. However you really need a recording that is recorded binaurally and not in stereoscopic format. And a good amp, then it will almost totally replicate that feeling, maybe not as good as speakers though.

LCD-2 sounds nothing like a concert hall - more like all the musicians brought their instruments to your living room and have surrounded your couch. Takeaway symphony.

The T1 + OTL amp gives a more concert hall feeling with the stage in front of you, further away, and broader. However it and the HD800/HE-6/LCD2 are not in the price ballpark the original poster was asking about.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #18 of 20
I have a Q701. I can say that Q701's bass is too weak to replicate a concert hall experience. Also, Q701's sound stage is unreal. The Q701 soundstage is even wider than a real concert. 

Anybody who attends a classical concert should remember the bass from the double bass and cello is very prominent. The bass from Q701 is just too subtle. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back