Headphones with hearing aids
Sep 4, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #16 of 21
I have come up with a solution for not losing the hearing aids. I bought a bunch of semi-hard zippered cases from Amazon that fit in my pocket, similar to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SFEB3LI but a bit cheaper. I would guess that if you search around on Amazon, you would find a suitable sized one for about $2-$3. I think the ones I got were are $2, and I bought 10 of them. They last me about 4-6 months, and I'm down to my next-to-last one now, so it's been a couple of years.

I keep my hearing aids (when I'm not using them), some spare batteries, and a set of foam earplugs in them. Since that's now an every-day-carry item, I always have a spare set of batteries on me.

As for the headphone problem, I've found that the cheapie on-the-ear headphones (picked some up at Big Lots for $5) work ok. I just wear them so that the earpads are over the hearing aids, not my ears. Works ok, but I sure would like to find a more comfortable solution. I have Resound BTE hearing aids, and they make a remote mic + line-in adapter, but it's over $300, so I have not gone that route yet. Especially since it's about $25 worth of electronics, and I'm not keen on getting gouged.

Frankly I can't wear my behind the ear hearing aids with my over the ear Sennheiser HD600 headphones. Because I use these at home, I just take the hearing aids out and adjust the volume of my amp accordingly.

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 21
Just turning up the volume doesn't work for me. My hearing has some significant dropouts at several different frequencies, and just making everything louder makes things sound bad -- especially music (I'm a musician).

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #18 of 21
I have receiver in the ear aids with the body of the aid behind the ear. Headphones tend to push the reset button, so I have to do the best I can without the aids on. So far sounds good although I do have some drop outs. Good luck.

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #19 of 21
I have a pair of in-ear Latitude hearing aids from Seimans and they work beautifully. No feed back and my hearing spectrum is wonderful. This model does away with feed back on the phone too, so they are great!
So my listening group is: the AudioQuest Nighthawk Headphones ($699), either the Benchmark 1 USB DAC/Headphone Amp ($1200) or Light Harmonic Pulse X Infinity DAC/Headphone Amp ($2000) and a pair of Latitude  Hearing devices at about $1100 each here in Canada...our Provincial Health Plan covers $500 for each hearing aid! Expensive listening but worth it.

Leo

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #20 of 21
Hmmm! I guess the price of the hearing aids scared people away. Too bad really because these aids make listening to music on high end headphones, a pleasure I thought was lost to me.

Leo

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 21
I also have hearing aids but recently found out with the loop that the Phillips SHP2000 produces quality sound!

I know that it's a cheap set, but consider this, do you want a cheap budget headphone which you can use t-mode (loop) or an expensive one which cannot let you use the loop induction on your aids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back