Headphones - V-Moda M-80 TrueBlood vs HFI 780's vs Shure SRH-840
May 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NineEleven

Head-Fier
Im almost in conclusion.

Tell me which is the best. I posted alot of posts but now im between these three.

I need alot of opinions.

Sound Quality / Sound : 

1. For Vocal Trance the Vocals have to be clear and nice in every single way ( In high tones and in medium tones and low tones ).

1. Bass doesnt have to be alot just the perfect amount not too hurt your ears but hear a thump.

1. I listen to alot of Trance so I want the beats to be nice and smooth in high , medium and low . Not that they hurt   your ears once again.

1. No Music Leakage is an important feature.

1. I mainly want the mids to be the best thing and highs and lows too. So I want them balanced so I can be versatile in different genres.

1. I want the drums guitars vocals and beats to sound natural and nice .

Portability and Style : 

1. I will listen to music mostly on my computer and cellphone/iPod so I want it to be portable and not bulky . Regarding style as long as it is good to go out with im fine . 

Durability :

1. I want a solid product which hopefully lasts long .

Comfort : 

1. I want a comfy pair of headphones so I can last long listening to music without any problem but at the same time they feel sturdy so If I shake my head they dont fall off.

Preferably :

1. No use of batteries
  2. Noise Cancellation
  3. Detachable Cable
  4. Replacable Cups.

May 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 11
I for sure have seen this thread before!!! LOL

Anyway, one important thing is the "over-ear" to "on-ear" preference. All of these guys should suffice and give you good sound quality, portability, passive noise cancelling, isolation, no leakage, etc. BUT if you prefer over-ear headphones, the V-MODA M80s might feel a bit weird or uncomfortable...

In my opinion, the V-MODAs should suit you well based on your music preferences, portability, accessories, etc. etc. Their sound is really good for being so tiny and they are built like a truck!

Good luck!

May 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
I for sure have seen this thread before!!! LOL

Anyway, one important thing is the "over-ear" to "on-ear" preference. All of these guys should suffice and give you good sound quality, portability, passive noise cancelling, isolation, no leakage, etc. BUT if you prefer over-ear headphones, the V-MODA M80s might feel a bit weird or uncomfortable...

In my opinion, the V-MODAs should suit you well based on your music preferences, portability, accessories, etc. etc. Their sound is really good for being so tiny and they are built like a truck!

Good luck!

Regarding sound quality which is the best for my taste . I personally dont care of on ear and over ear. The best regarding sound . I cant test these headphones because In my country you cant find them . Only the shure are in malta (where I live ).

Do you think the V-Moda are better in sound than the Ultrasone ?

May 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 11
I can only speak for the V-MODA's and Shures. I don't have the Shures on hand but from what I remember it was indeed a complete headphone with great highs and mids and an "ok" bass presence (at least more quantity than the SRH440s with 840 earpads!). But of the two I would take the V-MODAs simply because it would fit more with what you want and they indeed sound excellent!

May 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 11
The M-80s or V-80s is definitely what you're looking for as far as sound. Unfortunately, they do leak a bit of sound. I love listening to trance on these. The mid-range is so liquid and full that you can "feel" synths. Bass is punchy and tight but lacks extension. Highs are very sweet and not for those looking for a bit of sparkle.

The HFI-780 (it's been a while since I've heard these) has very impactful bass that's pretty tight, but the mids are a bit thin/fake sounding. Highs are somewhat neutral a bit sweet, not much extension or detail. Again, these I haven't heard in a long while.

SRH-840. Bass isn't very punchy but has better extension and detail than the other two. Mids and highs are very neutral, nothing is accentuated.

Overall, I'd say go with the M80. But, the leakage would be a bummer for you, and on-ears aren't always comfortable for some people. So in that case, the 840 is probably your best bet of the three you've chosen.

May 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 11
V-80s are my portable set and I've really enjoyed them. Really great on-ears.

May 31, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
The M-80s or V-80s is definitely what you're looking for as far as sound. Unfortunately, they do leak a bit of sound. I love listening to trance on these. The mid-range is so liquid and full that you can "feel" synths. Bass is punchy and tight but lacks extension. Highs are very sweet and not for those looking for a bit of sparkle.

The HFI-780 (it's been a while since I've heard these) has very impactful bass that's pretty tight, but the mids are a bit thin/fake sounding. Highs are somewhat neutral a bit sweet, not much extension or detail. Again, these I haven't heard in a long while.

SRH-840. Bass isn't very punchy but has better extension and detail than the other two. Mids and highs are very neutral, nothing is accentuated.

Overall, I'd say go with the M80. But, the leakage would be a bummer for you, and on-ears aren't always comfortable for some people. So in that case, the 840 is probably your best bet of the three you've chosen.

But do they leak alot ? I mean if Im listening maybe not on full volume . Do other people hear alot ?

May 31, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 11
They don't leak that much IF you don't increase the volume to ear-splitting levels. I work on a cubicle area and no one has complained! (They have complained with the Denons I have and others but not the V-MODAs. )

May 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
I don't think they leak outwards much at all, though they do let a bit of sound in.  They're great for trance though.

This is probably the case. I never got any complaints while listening to them during tests. I'm going off of the fact that they let sound in, and assuming that they also leak sound out. If you listen pretty loud, I imagine they would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back