headphones under $300 and are better than dr dre beat or bose
Feb 25, 2011 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

tedman633

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm new to the headphone market and I want to know what headphones you suggest I get. here is what I'm looking for:

Costs under $300
Be able to use and sound good with my iPod touch 4th generation,8gb
Good at to blocking noise(since I'm going to use it mainly with my iPod touch)
Comfortable
Great sound quality
Have a great bass but not overpowerful
Very little sound leakage
Not a pain to transport and move around with
OVER THE EAR

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 42
I would recommend you the UE Triple .Fi 10, they have really great sound quality (check out the impression thread) and is probably the best bang/buck under $200 (they were prev. $300++)
problem is they have a pretty finicky fit, so you should walk to a store and try it out first if possible

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 42
So are you looking for a pair of full-sized headphones or portable on-ear headphones?  I only ask because you say that they need to be easy transportable, and that is going to cut out a lot of suggestions for full-sized on-ears (like the Denon D2000s I'd've recommended).

You say you want to use it with your ipod touch, so it sounds to me like you are looking for a portable on-ear.  I have not heard the Audio-technica M50s, but they are very popular around here and the ones that I have given the most consideration towards because they are at a new low price, are apparently durable, and apparently sound great.

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 42
I think his confusion was that you posted in the portable headphone section, which is usually where people post about earbuds or IEM's. Triple Fi's are worn OVER the ear in that the cord runs along the back of your ear then down into your ear.

I would say that you should just start out a little cheaper and see what you like. ATH-M50 or Ultrasone 580's. Both sound better than Beats or Bose and cost way less. 

Feb 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 42
Thanks Mdraluck23 for pointing out my error of posting this in the wrong section I'm new here and didn't realize my error. Also scannon18 I am not looking for full sized headphones due to their lack of mobility.

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 42
Yeah, to be honest you don't really need to spend more than $150 to get headphones that sound better than anything by Bose or Beats. I own a pair of Audio-Technica M50s, and from comparisons with display models, they sound noticeably better than either one

Feb 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #11 of 42
Have a look at the Denon DN-HP700 a $100 headphone that will pants both of those.

Feb 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #12 of 42
Of those I've heard, ATH-M50 (great lower end, isolation), these may do the trick for you. 
Also the Denon ath-esw9 (have better sq overall) but they don't isolate as well.

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #13 of 42
Bowers and Wilkins P5? Solid bass, great overall sound, build, noise isolation, very portable.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #14 of 42

Quote:
Bowers and Wilkins P5? Solid bass, great overall sound, build, noise isolation, very portable.

For some reason, I can't figure out why people like these.  I was only able to listen to them in the Apple store, out of the Apple store's iPod, but the overall experience left me scratching my head at the price tag.  Could have been a damaged pair, could have been a lot of things.  So far my conclusion is that they aren't very good headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back