Headphones to go with my Mini^3 Amplifier
Jun 14, 2011 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

psgarcha92

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys
Sennhieser HD212Pros were my entry into the head fi world. then i went for iems like the RE0s and RE-ZEROs.
initially, the Sennheisers i had were used a lot, and now they have been in the cupboard since like forever.
and now that i have a decent rig, atleast i think i do, i want to buy some analytical headphones, preferring the Sennheisers. i wanted the Grados, but them being open, sound leakage would be a problem in a library, where i would be using my rig for sure.
my rig is as follows
Sansa Fuze V2 (RockBoxed) FLAC>LOD> Mini^3 High Performance
so basically i am looking for some awesome headphones to get the best of my rig.
Help me again, head fi people :)

Edit: the budget is 15-175 USD, a max of 250 USD. basically i'd be saving in the next few months.
i listen to a litlle bit of all genres, commercial bands, Linkin Park, Led Zepplin, Dire straits, Rap, and Pop.
the headphones need to be really revealing.

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 3
Is this going to be portable?

Then Senn HD25-1 II

Don't know much about the sound structure vs. Grado, but highly sought after around here. $200

Now why do people buy Amps before they even learn that most headphones (fullsized 50%, IEM 15%) don't need an amp?

You buy a headphone, then pair an amp to it, not the other way around.

Your Mini^3 is a basic amp, there is no special headphone to bring out the special "flavor" of the amp. So anything that will needs pushing will do.

Grado would be a mistake, unless you want to return your amp. THEY DON'T NEED ONE

How about Sony MDR-V6?

$60
Kinda needs an amp. The top gets grainy if underpowered (never a problem with my sansa clip, but is a problem with my Cowon S9. Weird)
Good everything
Are my choice if I'm portable will a full sized.

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey
I got this amp for my RE0s. So now i am looking for headphones that have good synergy with the Mini^3. the amp is already bright, so it would kill my ears if i pair it with the Grados. what else do we have here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back