Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 19
Well, there's good news and bad news. Bad news is that my friend didn't know I was buying them until after, so he ended up revealing the fact that he had a "defect" pair AFTER I bought my pair. By defect, he told me that it had less bass but more mid and treble than it was supposed to have. Good news is, around 30% of my music is calm and peaceful orchestral music, and the W3000ANVs are heavenly for that genre. So I might be keeping them still. Thanks guys, and so far I think I'll look into the Grado PS1000, Sennheiser HD 800, and the Shure SE%#%. Any comparisions would really help out. Thanks guys!

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #18 of 19
Hey all! I'm sorry I keep changing my mind so much. I'm also a percussionist and like to hear all those drums in my music. I decided to make a compromise and purchase the AD2000s. The percussion really shines, but still doesn't "outshine" everything. I even found an ingenious, stellar, magnificent solution to my desire for forward mids known as...*drumroll please*...turning the volume up when I want the mids to shine....hehe. Once again, I'm really sorry about all the "in your face" and "forward" crap I was talking about. Thank you guys so much for contributing! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back