Headphones in ear or over ear
Aug 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kylemcg

Head-Fier
Im getting some nice headphones for my 15 th birthday in october. I listen to rap, hip hop, rock, classical, and everything in between. I was also looking at in ear headphones because i will also be listening on my bus ride home from school. I like having powerful bass. I looked at the shure se535, sennheiser ie80, and for over ear, i looked at sennheiser hd600. Now i know that in over ear headphones, having high impedance is good, but nonce of the in ear monitors have impedance above 35 ohms. What would you recommend for me, i have a budget of 400$, but my daf might go as high as 450$. And if you thnk i should get over ear, what amp would you recommend for a powerful bass, and good mids and highs.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Im getting some nice headphones for my 15 th birthday in october. I listen to rap, hip hop, rock, classical, and everything in between. I was also looking at in ear headphones because i will also be listening on my bus ride home from school. I like having powerful bass. I looked at the shure se535, sennheiser ie80, and for over ear, i looked at sennheiser hd600. Now i know that in over ear headphones, having high impedance is good, but nonce of the in ear monitors have impedance above 35 ohms. What would you recommend for me, i have a budget of 400$, but my daf might go as high as 450$. And if you thnk i should get over ear, what amp would you recommend for a powerful bass, and good mids and highs.

Impedance has nothing to do with how good a headphone is. Anyway, it sounds like you want more bass presence than anything else. the IE80 might be good. The HD600 isn't really a portable headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back