Headphones for use with iPhone
Jan 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #17 of 42

Quote:
Have you considered IEM's? The problem with open is that there is ZERO isolation.

Yeah, I have but I'm not keen on putting them in my ears. Long story but the short version is that I have waxy ears. Ugh. (Was that TMI? 
blink.gif
)

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 42
NAH, I understand perfectly. Open suggestions would probably be.... hm... uh.... DT990? HD595 or The HD555 if you feel like modding. I'm not so sure open is really what you want, and if it is, I'm probably not the guy to help, so rather than giving false advice, I'll refrain from speaking!

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #20 of 42
A great match to the iphone/ipod,etc is the B&W P5. It was designed with these products in mind. I heard them at my local Apple store. When I hooked up my ipod, all in lossless quality, they sounded fantastic and I bought them on the spot. Something to consider for mobile use.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #22 of 42

Quote:
A great match to the iphone/ipod,etc is the B&W P5. It was designed with these products in mind. I heard them at my local Apple store. When I hooked up my ipod, all in lossless quality, they sounded fantastic and I bought them on the spot. Something to consider for mobile use.

Honestly though, the B&Ws are overpriced IMO... They're nice and portable and all that, but they have a more mainstream (bass-heavy) sound, and they cost $300... At that price there are a lot of much better phones (sq-wise)

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #27 of 42
Someone else recommended the AD700s but reading through the mostly stellar reviews left me really believing that they are great headphones if your head is big enough for them. I've got a relatively small head, not tiny but not large enough to be considered big by any means. I decided to go with the SRH840. The cans won't be used on the go much, they will just be used with my iPhone if that makes any sense. They are currently on order at J&R but they don't have stock. I'll post back when I get them.

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #30 of 42
So while I wait (impatiently!) for my SRH840's to ship, I decided to pop for a pair of HD555. I'll try them both out and send back the pair I don't want. Yeah, it'll cost me a little in shipping but considering I haven't had a chance to really try out the 840s or even see the HD555 in person, I figured this was better than driving all over the Triangle trying to find a place that has them both. The HD555's are already sitting at home - I just have to convince my wife it'd be ok for me to open them before my birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back