Headphones for style/sound - Portable Use - Phiaton MS 400? Beats Studios? Other?
Jan 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

james2805

New Head-Fier

Hey,

Really want some advice from some audiophiles lol.

Basically, I wanna spend around £200-250 on some headphones, not sure how much that is in dollars.

The main aspects I am looking for are sound quality and style, not going to lie, aswell as appreciating music, I also like to look fashionable. I would say that I want a pair suitable for portable use/commuting and also for home use to plug into my Creative 7.1 system/Soundblaster setup.

I would say I have a fairly wide ranging taste in music, cross-genres, but I listen to alot of dubstep, drum and bass and hiphop too. So would want some headphones that offer good quality in bass and those genres.

The two pairs that are striking out at me currently are the Monster Beats by Dre Studios (~£250) and the Phiaton MS 400 (~£250).

What are peoples suggestions for the price range im looking at and the aspects I've hinted at. Are the ones I have asked about worth it and offer me what im looking for?

Thanks in advance,

James

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Beats suck. Buy them you'll be wasting your money.

Also...

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
"Basically, I wanna spend around £200-250 on some headphones, not sure how much that is in dollars."

$320-$400

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Not really because in UK they also pay VAT 19% and is usually slightly expensier than US anyway, so a more realword comparision would be 250~$300 or so. Phiaton MS 400 is unusually expensive in UK tho it seems at ~£250, a bit overpriced compared to say Denon D2000 at ~£190.

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 6
I reckon you might want to look into some of Beyerdynamics' models. The DT770 is considered to have very decent bass.
Though I don't know if they are considered to be "fashionable", or "portable" for that matter. :p

I can also imagine that you'd probably want some closed headphones, since you won't only use them at home.
What sort of headphones are you using atm? And what portable source are you going to be using with the new ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back