Headphones for out and about!
Jan 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stewling

New Head-Fier
Hey!
I currently have a set of AKG K240 Studios and I'm really enjoying them but I'm now looking for a smaller set for out of the house.  
Looking to get something that's sounds about the same but the about the size of some Beats Studios (Only headphones I can reference for size)

I love the sound of my k240s so would ideally like to get something that sounds near the same (Best to stick to AKG?) for around the same price but smaller.. Possible ?

I also have a fiio e7 if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 6
The Sennheiser HD25 II are a great portable, but I cannot directly compare them to the K240 because I haven't thoroughly auditioned a K240. I suggest that you go try an HD25 somewhere and see what you think, but they're pretty much the standard for portables.

Sincerely,

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 6
HD25-1 II - not the SP.

I agree with the suggestion. Also, M50s are good for portable use, although a little bigger than the senns.. Not sure if these headphones sound anything alike the AKG. AKG K518 is a little bassier supra-aural one and AKG K450 is a pretty small headphone.  My wife adores it, although I don't have too many good words about it.. YMMV of course. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks

Just come across this review http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/ and I will be having a look out for some of these this weekend.

Anyone know any shops in the London area that will have most of these on display to try? Some shops like HMV and the like just have Beats, Skullcandy etc on display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back