Headphones for movies only. $200-$400 range. Pleeese Help Me
Jun 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bbaskin

New Head-Fier
  I know nothing about headphones. I am into home theatre as my hobby but I need some decsent headphones for action movies while the family is sleeping.
  I normally don't start threads or post in them I just do lots of searchs and reading to find what I want to try. Most all of my searching has produced  threads that are a year old or older.

Thru my searchs so for I think I may want some Ultrasones or Audio Technica, but not sure. I need help with model numbers and maybe other brands 

Heres what I need. Movies with maybe a little gaming, no music at all.

Needs to be very comfortable.

I have an Onkyo tx807. (Do I need a headphone amp with this reciever?)

Up to around $400 the cheaper the better but still good quality.

I like my speakers a tad on the bright side, but need some bass for the explosions in action movies.

Prefer closed cans but would purchase open without any hesitation.

Hopefully great surround effect.

Did I mention they need to be comfortable.

I hope this is enough info to get me some replies. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Ooh and also if a headphone that has same model with differnt ohms which set would best suit my needs.

Jun 4, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Definitely the Ultrasone Pro 900.

Have lots of great bass for movies.

Jun 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Denon D1100s, bassy, easy to drive and very comfortable...but too bad they're under $200 
frown.gif

EDIT:

They still have good definition for the price

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 6
Denon AH-D2000

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Try a Sennheiser HD-600. Wonderful mids, which is great for dialog. Dialog is about 90% of what's important in a movie.

If you want to have closed headphones, try the Sony MDR-7509HD. Pro gear, but they sound great and are comfy for long listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back