Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 9, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #8,626 of 12,302
Folks there's am he4 for sale in the used section, not mine. But, as I've stated so many times, it's an amazing metal hp.

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #8,627 of 12,302
Mar 10, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #8,629 of 12,302
Anyone had a though on the CA Cascade for metal?
I was eyeing for an upgrade for my portable set up, but I'm a bit worried with the bass bump, btw I'm using 99 classic with small pads right now, I wonder how big of an upgrade this can be.

I liked it a lot at CanJam NYC. I’ll have it here on Monday, so ask me anything you want on it and I’ll try and get you an answer as soon as it has a little burn in on it.

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #8,630 of 12,302
Do you like the Cascade more than the Aeon Closed for Metal? I currently own them, and I'm very happy with these headphones, but I'm considering saving up for the Cascade as a more portable option. Also, I think it'll be nice to have a pair of headphones with more bass emphasis as the Aeon with the foam inserts and the iFi Black Label Bass Boost on still leaves a little to be desired with bass heavy genres.

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #8,631 of 12,302
Do you like the Cascade more than the Aeon Closed for Metal? I currently own them, and I'm very happy with these headphones, but I'm considering saving up for the Cascade as a more portable option. Also, I think it'll be nice to have a pair of headphones with more bass emphasis as the Aeon with the foam inserts and the iFi Black Label Bass Boost on still leaves a little to be desired with bass heavy genres.

They’re very different sounding. Based on what you’re saying, it sounds like you’d love the Cascade. These headphones certainly can fit next to each other in a collection, as they’re a bit of a sonic ying and yang like an HD800 and an LCD2 or an Abyss and a SR-009. Cascade is violent, rowdy, bass heavy and all that, AEON is more neutral, refined, audiophile, etc.

By the way, should you ever find yourself looking for a great amp for the AEON closed, you should absolutely audition the Headamp Gilmore Lite MK2. That combination will make you question whether anything “better” even has the right to exist. Perfect synergy on two of the best bang-for-buck products around. Definitely more of an “audiophile” sound, but oh man, does it ever do it well.

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #8,632 of 12,302
I actually use the AFC primarily as a portable headphone even though it's not very portable. I just stuff my smartphone with the iDSD BL in my left pants pocket and the stupidly long cable in the other, and away I go! The things I do for this crazy hobby.

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #8,633 of 12,302
I actually use the AFC primarily as a portable headphone even though it's not very portable. I just stuff my smartphone with the iDSD BL in my left pants pocket and the stupidly long cable in the other, and away I go! The things I do for this crazy hobby.

Awkward, maybe, but hard to get much better than that sonically in a portable rig.

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #8,634 of 12,302
I liked it a lot at CanJam NYC. I’ll have it here on Monday, so ask me anything you want on it and I’ll try and get you an answer as soon as it has a little burn in on it.

I had 3 tracks that I'd like to try with the Cascade:

1. Forest Of Shadows - Eternal Autumn

2. Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun

3. Opeth - Leper Affinity

Thx mate, I appreciate the help :darthsmile:

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #8,637 of 12,302
Mar 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #8,638 of 12,302
Mar 12, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #8,639 of 12,302
Mar 12, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #8,640 of 12,302
Cavalli Liquid Gold/Yggdrasil

Oh nice, I heard the liquid gold meshed well with the he6 so should workout with the he4! Glad someone snagged that I almost wanted to buy it just to have a backup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back