Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 30, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #7,351 of 12,322
I don't own the Eikon, just the Atticus. As much as I enjoy it, it overlaps with several other headphones I own, so it hasn't been a huge priority on my "need to buy" list.

On the Abyss Phi, I'll say this... at least Joe's headphones are worth their astronomical asking price. And I think he did right by his current customers by offering the driver upgrade for $1,500, instead of immediately launching an Abyss 2 or making one of those "silent revisions" we've all come to know and love so much from other brands. I'll be interested to hear it for myself, because he sounds really, really excited about it.

I guess I misread it...I thought he said 1500.00 per driver,which would be 3k....and for 3k just buy the Phi and keep your old Abyss.

Yeah its not as offensive as some other companies business tactics...Curious though how the bass will be impacted by the higher sensitivity.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #7,353 of 12,322
  The V-Moda Zn have been pretty good to me so far...

haha I just ordered these for my wife today. she stole my M100 for her work, figured she loves those so much, must love these as well. Gonna give them a spin for metal before she takes them. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #7,354 of 12,322

haha I just ordered these for my wife today. she stole my M100 for her work, figured she loves those so much, must love these as well. Gonna give them a spin for metal before she takes them. 

I've bought and sold a ton of headphones over the last few years, the M100 is the only one that has never left my collection. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #7,356 of 12,322
My Liquid Carbon came in today!!!

Looking forward to checking out My Ori Blackwoods and Emu Teaks.

I'm going to alternate between my Schiit Mimby and Meridian Explorer2 as a source.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to check out the Teaks in balanced mode until next week. I'm planning on selling the Oris so I won't be picking up a balanced cable for them.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #7,357 of 12,322
My Liquid Carbon came in today!!!

Looking forward to checking out My Ori Blackwoods and Emu Teaks.

I'm going to alternate between my Schiit Mimby and Meridian Explorer2 as a source.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to check out the Teaks in balanced mode until next week. I'm planning on selling the Oris so I won't be picking up a balanced cable for them.

Nice! I might have a stock Audeze balanced cable sitting around here. If you want to borrow it, I could take a look.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #7,360 of 12,322
Yes they are!

Man... I wish I knew how they sound 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #7,364 of 12,322
  I don't. If I knew how good a $4000 pair of headphones sound I'd be trying to save up. XD

Don't listen to HE-1 then 
biggrin.gif

I heard LCD-4 which are roughly 4000$ as well, but I still kinda prefer HD800S, ie800 or even 99 Classics for my usage. I think that LCD-4 is an awesome piece of equipment, it is also quite heavy for my head... 

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #7,365 of 12,322
I'm going to start writing reviews here, which will include impressions specific to metal and gaming, which require vastly different competencies. So, I have a few pieces of gear I really like at the moment. Which of these are people here curious about?

1. ZMF Ori Blackwoods
  2. E-MU Teaks
  3. Cavalli Liquid Carbon
  4. iBasso IT03 In-Ear Monitor
  5. Meridian Explorer2 (with Tidal)

Let me know if anyone is particularly interested in hearing my impressions of any of these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back