Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Sep 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #4,876 of 12,302
Looks like you're still rocking the Fiio X7. How's that going? I know you're just as fickle as me with your gear, lol.

X7 is excellent. Sounds better than the Mojo and the super expensive daps I have heard. Fantastic man, totally recommend it.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #4,880 of 12,302
Picked up a Hifiman HE-400S with Focuspads in the classified section, excited to step up to the next tier. 

Congrats! Let us know how it works out! \m/

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #4,881 of 12,302
@Hansotek If you get a chance, can you try to check out the new Schiit Jotunheim? I know you don't love their stuff, so I'm curious what you think of it. I'm definitely leaning toward it when I put my desktop setup together in November, if it's as good as advertised. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this thread who's really curious about it. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #4,882 of 12,302
@Hansotek
 If you get a chance, can you try to check out the new Schiit Jotunheim? I know you don't love their stuff, so I'm curious what you think of it. I'm definitely leaning toward it when I put my desktop setup together in November, if it's as good as advertised. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this thread who's really curious about it. 

Absolutely! I'm curious about it too.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #4,883 of 12,302
Been listening to grados a lot lately so decided to put on the lcd2 this afternoon for some prog. Hot damn!! These things are AMAZEBALLS

I'm experiencing a similar thing with my Alpha Primes. It's been months since I used these for long periods. It's like I always forget how freaking good these cans are! :)

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #4,884 of 12,302
I'm experiencing a similar thing with my Alpha Primes. It's been months since I used these for long periods. It's like I always forget how freaking good these cans are! :)

The thing I miss about the primes that I have not experience in any other headphone is the sense of scope they have. They just sound epic, like I am sitting in the middle of a huge stadium at a concert. Not sure how else to describe it. Nice headphones for sure. If they fit my fat head better, and we're not so hard to drive, they would have been keepers.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #4,885 of 12,302

The thing I miss about the primes that I have not experience in any other headphone is the sense of scope they have. They just sound epic, like I am sitting in the middle of a huge stadium at a concert. Not sure how else to describe it. Nice headphones for sure. If they fit my fat head better, and we're not so hard to drive, they would have been keepers.

Agreed. The Primes were vastly under-rated, even by Mr. Speakers to an extent. I have spent a little bit of time in Summit-Fi land, and the Primes do more than hold their own.

But hard to drive? Really? My small little Liquid Carbon has no problem :D

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #4,886 of 12,302
Agreed. The Primes were vastly under-rated, even by Mr. Speakers to an extent. I have spent a little bit of time in Summit-Fi land, and the Primes do more than hold their own.

But hard to drive? Really? My small little Liquid Carbon has no problem :D

Yeah, no shortage of power there though. That little amp delivers way more power than spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back