Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Sep 2, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #4,861 of 12,302
Have you tried the shure tips on the westones? They really brought out some treble detail for me when I had a um pro50. Imo, westone has a pretty dark house sound and the shure tips really helped me with that. YMMV though.

Cool tips. I am not a tinkerer so the idea of molding tips is not pleasant to me lol.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #4,862 of 12,302
Have you tried the shure tips on the westones? They really brought out some treble detail for me when I had a um pro50. Imo, westone has a pretty dark house sound and the shure tips really helped me with that. YMMV though.

Cool tips. I am not a tinkerer so the idea of molding tips is not pleasant to me lol.

I have not. I heard they are good too.

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #4,863 of 12,302
Nice. I've heard spiral dots are awesome. I need to try some.

On a related note, I had a similar issue with Spinfits. I actually ended up modding them by cutting off the largest flange from an Etymotic triple-flange tip and then mounting it behind the Spinfit to make a dual flange tip.

I really wish those guys would start doing the multi-flange tips.

Spiral Dots are very good, Spinfits are probably a little better. Unfortunately, their large sizes both a tad too small for me. I'm probably a good candidate for CIEMs then, but I prefer over-ear headphones. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #4,864 of 12,302
Spiral Dots are very good, Spinfits are probably a little better. Unfortunately, their large sizes both a tad too small for me. I'm probably a good candidate for CIEMs then, but I prefer over-ear headphones. 

Hopefully they'll be at RMAF and I can talk with them about it. I think this is actually a very common problem. I'm pretty sure they were there last year.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #4,865 of 12,302
Hopefully they'll be at RMAF and I can talk with them about it. I think this is actually a very common problem. I'm pretty sure they were there last year.

I have actually found many Chinese and Japanese iems I buy come with tips that are too small for me. I wonder if it is a cultural anatomy sizing issue?

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #4,866 of 12,302
For anyone that cares,
Update on my quest to open up the upper mid and lower treble veil on my u8. Just got a silver reference cable from Ted over at headphone lounge. The price was absolutely right for me to try what everyone says silver can do. I have always been very sceptical about cables. Well, with the silver the veil is totally gone and clarity right across the frequency spectrum us improved. I'm actually kind of stunned.

Thanks teds headfood!

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #4,867 of 12,302
For anyone that cares,
Update on my quest to open up the upper mid and lower treble veil on my u8. Just got a silver reference cable from Ted over at headphone lounge. The price was absolutely right for me to try what everyone says silver can do. I have always been very sceptical about cables. Well, with the silver the veil is totally gone and clarity right across the frequency spectrum us improved. I'm actually kind of stunned.

Thanks teds headfood!

Nice! The Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable did the same for my W60. That, plus the modded Spinfits brought it up several notches for my metal listening needs.

I would be interested in seeing a pic of the headphone lounge cable if you get a chance.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #4,868 of 12,302
I have actually found many Chinese and Japanese iems I buy come with tips that are too small for me. I wonder if it is a cultural anatomy sizing issue?

I don't know, I have problems with a lot of tips.

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #4,869 of 12,302
Nice! The Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable did the same for my W60. That, plus the modded Spinfits brought it up several notches for my metal listening needs.

I would be interested in seeing a pic of the headphone lounge cable if you get a chance.

Here's a quicky for you. I am pretty plain, he can jazz it up anyway you like it.

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #4,871 of 12,302
They sound great too. Email Ted over there, the guy takes customer service to a whole new level. When I bought them the first time I cut the cable opening the package (yep I am an idiot). He took them back, rebuilt them for me and sent them back free of charge! WOW!

ted allen
tedallen0220@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #4,872 of 12,302
Hey kinda random question here, but throwing it out there. I miss my Alpha Pads. Has anyone tried them on the Beyerdynamic DT1770, a criminally-underated closed-back headphone in this thread.

No one in the DT1770 thread or the ear pads thread got back to me today.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #4,873 of 12,302
Hey kinda random question here, but throwing it out there. I miss my Alpha Pads. Has anyone tried them on the Beyerdynamic DT1770, a criminally-underated closed-back headphone in this thread.

No one in the DT1770 thread or the ear pads thread got back to me today.

Used them to great success on the t5p2 when I had it. They are the same size so it would fit. Might give better isolation and a little more bass. Try it out!

Edit : suuuuuuuper comfy

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #4,874 of 12,302
Been listening to grados a lot lately so decided to put on the lcd2 this afternoon for some prog. Hot damn!! These things are AMAZEBALLS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back