Headphones for Classical (while wearing glasses)
Jan 4, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #16 of 19
I'm listening to the Brahms Double Concerto using RS2is while wearing glasses & had to touch my ears to confirm this. Perhaps you're wearing the wrong style of glasses.  

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #17 of 19
The T1 are my favorite can for classical and I wear reading glasses with no issue. I can also wear them with my LCD2. I also had the 701 and they were also good with glasses. I guess it will all depend on the amps and most important the price range you are looking to spend. But all will work and they are all good cans in their price ranges.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #18 of 19
[size=10pt]I am spectacled and listen more to classical (Early Music, Renaissance, Baroque mostly) than anything else.[/size]
[size=10pt]I have had great comfort and enjoyment with my AH-D7000. The D7k provide wonderful sound and extremely compliant pads for the temple piece.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 19
I wear glasses most of the time (since early 40s anyways)  I find the Sennheiser 580/600/650 and HD800 to all be comfortable with my glasses on for extended periods.  Pick your pricepoint and SQ choice, to me the HD800 is superb for classical, the 650 is not too far behind for 1/4 of the price.

I find most on ear headphones to become uncomfortable, even if I angle the temples on top of the compressed ear after about an hour.  This included the HF2 and the AT ESW10JPN, both of which sound great, but they are both for short sessions.

My W5000, balanced, with the Apache are spectacularly precise, and very articulate, with a nice bass.  Comfortable too.  However, the leather of the earpads is too microphonic on my glasses to be of use to you.

Finally, my best suggestion is to consider IEMs, if you can find some comfortable.  The UE-10pros that I have used when travelling for a couple of years now are very comfortable, glasses or no, and probably have about bout the flattest frequency response of the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back