Headphones for classical music and video games?
Aug 31, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
Not all Audio Technica headphones sound wrong. I think A700s sound quite accurate in the low price range. I think my W1000 and AD2000 don't sound quite right with classical, but I think my ESW10JPN is great with it.

Hmm...., I think I have heard A700s a few times, and I don't like it in classical... Probably, I need to hear it again to make sure if it's good for classical or not. I agree that W1000 is very bad for classical, possibly the worst headphone that I have heard for more than $250. I only heard for ESW10JPN once, and only for around 1hr, so I can't say too much about this HP. But I would agree with you that it is a better ATH HP in classical compared to most of other ATH HPs.

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #17 of 17
AD-700s, I used to own some years ago, and it did very good for gaming and they do very good for classical music as well. They dont need a amp to be used. They have a very wide sound stage, tho they dont nearly any bass. But if you dont mind that, then they a very good choice.

AD700 and A700 has diffent sound sig, the AD700 are wider then the A700, but the A700 has more bass then the AD700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back