Headphones for an emerging audiophile?
Jan 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rushofmusic

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have some money from Christmas and I wanna build up my headphones collection and I'm looking for some new full size headphones. This is what I do:
  1. I listen to mostly rock and mainstream, but I also listen to classical
  2. I prefer heavier on the bass
  3. I will use them in my dorm room but also walk with them outside (if the ones suggested really cannot be subjected to cold weather, I can just use the earbuds I have now)
  4. I'll mostly be using it with my computer and Zune
  5. If not full-size headphones, recs on earbuds are good too.
  6. I'm all about the sound so I don't really care how they look (as long as they're not atrocious)
  7. I'm looking to spend up to about $70, although I will spend a little more if they are just that amazing

I was really looking into the Phillips SHP5401 but they don't sell it in the US anymore :[
So any suggestions guys? Thanks in advance :D

Edit: Would anyone recommend the Creative Aurvana Live?

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 2
For $70 I don't think you can do better than the Sony MDR-V6's. They sound great, are built like tanks, and isolate very well.

If you do end up buying them, just be very careful of where you buy them. Don't buy from eBay, because there are tons of counterfeits floating around, and considering they would cost about the same, it's a far better idea to just buy from an authorized dealer.

Newegg.com has them for $70 with free shipping, and they are an authorized Sony dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back