Headphones For A Musician?
Jun 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 24
I am looking at the ESW9's and I don't think she'll like the wood design. Shes 16, shes girly :S Her skullcandies are like sparkly lol.. She once told me she hates closed headphones because they were so big, but when I finally got my M50's I think she learned to apreciate them.. They look expensive aswell lol, and are they easy to drive?

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 24
Just remember, you are probably getting a counterfeit ESW9 unless it is from an authorized dealer who guarantees authenticity, audio technica stuff is counterfeited a lot. Since she has experience with a variety of instruments, I think she might have a preference for headphones that can do a variety of instruments without coloration.

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 24
First, find out if your seller is an authorized dealer. If not from an authorized dealer, compare the exterior of your headphones very closely to pictures of m50's online. Then if you're still unsure, take it apart and compare it to pictures of the insides of genuine m50's. I found no reference to counterfeit m50's after a brief google search, coupled with the fact that you think it sounds good, it's unlikely you have fake m50's. There are certainly fake esw9's. Audio-technica and sony have many of their headphones counterfeited.

Jun 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 24
Have you looked at the Shure line? SRH440, 840 and 750DJ? I own the 840, easy to drive but little bulky. 440 might be something you are interested.

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
I am looking at the ESW9's and I don't think she'll like the wood design. Shes 16, shes girly :S Her skullcandies are like sparkly lol.. She once told me she hates closed headphones because they were so big, but when I finally got my M50's I think she learned to apreciate them.. They look expensive aswell lol, and are they easy to drive?

Well, in this case maybe you can give her your M-50 and you can move on.

Jun 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Well, in this case maybe you can give her your M-50 and you can move on.

X2 LOL a 16 year old's opinion is kinda whatevs. anything will sound better than skullcandies. im sure she will enjoy any present you give her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back