Headphones better than the Beats by Dr. Dre?
Mar 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

lebrons

New Head-Fier

Hello I'm looking to purchase a pair of head phones with a great bass and sound quality. I'm assuming these headphones will need to be over-ear, and I desire bass quality to that of the Beats (by Dr. Dre). I have heard many complaints about the value of Dr. Dre's headphones lately so I decided to turn to you, the pros, for help. If you would, please recommend a pair of great bass sounding headphones, that also have the best quality sound for their value. I'm comfortable spending around $300 or less. Thanks!!!

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 37
Ultrasone hfi-580. You will be very satisfied with these.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 37

Quote:
Ultrasone hfi-580. You will be very satisfied with these.

X3

they beat the Dre beats. 
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 37
Today I listened to UNAMPED Phiaton MS 400s with my iPod Touch and I must say these headphones sound amazing. If you like rich, deep bass, in which you can greatly "feel" its presence, then these are for you. In terms of sound quality, they are amazing. I have also heard the m50, and in comparison to the MS 400, I enjoy the Phiatons a bit more.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 37
LOL, anything in the $200-$300 range will be better than Beats.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #10 of 37
Correction, anything in the 15 to 300 dollar range will sound better than the Beats.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 37
OP you might want to search for pre-existing threads on the same topic. Quite a few discussions have covered the exact same ground your question will, and it might save you a lot of time.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #12 of 37
At $150, you have the Skullcandy Aviator. Forget the Skullcandy stereotype; these things have plenty of detail and sound frickin good to me. They don't have the exaggerated bass like a lot of other popular phones -- the balance is just right. I'm the last guy to recommend Skullcandy phones, but they get my vote for the time being.

The M50 also seems like excellent sound for the money to me.

The Beats are ridiculous to me because (2) they have the active noise cancellation (which I really don't like at all, ever), (2) you must use it when listening to music, and (3) when the batteries (in the headphones) die, you can't listen to music before replacing them. Oh and (4) price/SQ ratio sucks like donkey balls.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:
The Beats are ridiculous to me because (2) they have the active noise cancellation (which I really don't like at all, ever), (2) you must use it when listening to music, and (3) when the batteries (in the headphones) die, you can't listen to music before replacing them. Oh and (4) price/SQ ratio sucks like donkey balls.

All Beats are not noise canceling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back