Headphone suggestion
May 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Watzzup

New Head-Fier
Hello all...I am new to the forum....
Looking for headphone for birthday gift in term of portability and punchy of sound
- Hd 25-1-ii
- ath m50
- pro700mk2

Which headphone to get?
Any best suggestions?

May 31, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 7
ATH M50 won't do it for portability half of the time...
So HD 25-1 II If I was to chose from the list above

May 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 7
Hello....thank for the reply...
From the list and spoiler list...ath m50 better in terms of pricing and scoring?
how about pro700mk2...heard a lot of it review been the upgraded from ath m50?

May 31, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 7
I am also deciding on which to choose from. Im making a research on the sound frequency and drivers.
The specs say that the pro700mk2 has a wider frequency range and a bigger driver which is 53mm. While for the senn's HD 25-1 II has a higher impendance which will be better with a matching portable amp.

May 31, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Hello....thank for the reply...
From the list and spoiler list...ath m50 better in terms of pricing and scoring?
how about pro700mk2...heard a lot of it review been the upgraded from ath m50?

The M50s are a monitor style headphone,  whereas the pro700 is aimed towards DJing and that sort of over-the-top bass that come with that territory.  In regards to these two 'phones and my personal opinion on them:  the m50s are a lot better rounded for everyday use and the pro700s are a bit more genre specific and fun.
---
The M50s have a much wider sound stage than the HD-25s and really won't give you that same sort of tight impact as a result.  I've found both to be incredibly durable and hold up well while taking accidental abuse during portable use, in case you were wondering.

There's really no way to go wrong here.

May 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for the reply.....I gonna get the ath m50 then=D...

Frequency response

Frequency-response specifications in full-size loudspeakers are generally pretty useless in predicting sound quality, but headphone frequency-response numbers are even worse. Manufacturers have routinely exaggerated frequency-response figures to the point that they're irrelevant. Even the flimsiest, cheap headphones routinely boast extremely low bass-response performance--15Hz or 20Hz--but almost always sound lightweight and bright. Generally, bass buffs will be happier sticking with larger 'phones.

Impedance

Generally speaking, the lower the headphones' electrical impedance (aka resistance), the easier it is to get higher volume. But here again, the low impedance is no guarantee of high volume capability; other factors can still limit loudness potential. Since many MP3 players have feeble power output--the iPod is a notable exception--smart shoppers should check the loudness before purchasing any pair of headphones. To be sure, listen with your player.

Source from cnet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back